The YWCA Safety Siren, available in both English and French, offers users a unique utility siren which can be activated by pressing the safety button. The app also offers Canadian health and safety information geared toward young women, including: short questions and answers about women’s health and wellness, particularly focused on dating and social interaction; tips and facts on safety and wellbeing; links to YWCAs across Canada as well as health and crisis resource centres; and SOS urgent email and phone functionality to a friend or family member when the user is in an unsafe situation.
- Functionality in both French and English
- Multiple siren settings
- Siren activation sends an emergency email to a pre-set SOS contact with approximate coordinates and places an emergency outgoing call to a pre-programmed number
- A wide range of facts and information on women's health and wellness
- Connections to nearby YWCAs, emergency hotlines, health centres and clinics
- Access to a library of women’s health resources
Tags: i urgent email to friend , ywca application , ywca safety siren