Brainwave Tuner Lite
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- 10 different tracks to choose from
- Theoretically, you can hack your head!
- Does it work? Maybe.
Stimulate your cerebrum with binaural beats
IMOBLIFE INC.'s Brainwave Tuner app uses tones generated with binaural beats to change your brain's frequency. Duuuuude.
The free version of the app includes 10 tracks of different frequencies that purport to bring you to a certain state of consciousness. Some are meant to relax you, like Sleep Induction; others claim to increase your brain activity, like "Intelligence Increase." There's also plenty of new-agey offerings, like "Edge of Consciousness" and "Earth Peace Night" (please write to me if you try it and subsequently have an out-of-body experience).
There's research that suggests that listening to binaural beats might be able to temporarily affect how your brain functions. No way am I going to vouch for it - although I'm listening to the "Attention Increase" channel right now and it's definitely trippy - but if the technique really works for you, then this app is a completely awesome way to hack your head.
The paid version of the app includes many more tracks to play with.
IMOBLIFE INC.'s Brainwave Tuner is worth a download if you're intrigued by binaural beats and the effect they might have on your brain.
10 Preset Sound Patterns are included in Brainwave Tuner Lite(20 in Full Version!):
- Headache Therapy: Helps alleviating headaches with a mixture of steady low theta (5Hz) and mid-alpha (10Hz) waves.
- Meditation: Concentrating on this tone helps quickly attaining a meditative state of mind.
- Schumann Resonance: Helps meditating with a steady 7.83Hz alpha tone. This is also the resonance of the Earth's magnetic field, making it a very natural meditative frequency.
- Sleep Induction: Gently slows the brain frequency down to a 3Hz delta wave, which usually occurs in a deep sleep thus to gradually induce one's sleepiness.
- Relaxation: Helps to relax with a basic sweep from a regular beta wave (15Hz) down to a low alpha wave (7Hz), in order to save you from certain intense strain.
- Self-hypnosis: Helps getting into a self-hypnotic state. The user should listen to the repeating sound and concentrate on it.
- Edge of Consciousness: Discover the true meaning of life and consciousness with this track taking you to the very edge of the conscious mind.
- Earth Peace Night: This is an Earth Meditation track that helps relax and mediate.
- Attention Increase: Helps focusing by bringing the brain to a high beta frequency. The frequency is lowered briefly once every 15 seconds to keep the brain more receptive.
- Intelligent Increase: This 10Hz alpha tone helps increase the blood flow in the brain, promote dendrite and synapse growth, increase IQ points and cognitive abilities.
- 3 new items are added in the Lite Version and 6 in Full Version;
- Supports Japanese Language
Some lists where this application appears: FVR.
Good Effort by the developers ... but install it only if you really require ... I tried and uninstalled it ...
I've been using this app for years and helps with my chronic severe migraines. It's free so It's worth a shot. Nothing's lost if u download it. Works well with earbuds and without
Absolutely wonderful! I'm usually an insomniac and it's worse the nights that my husband works late. Even if I'm not tired, I turn on the sleep mode and I'm out within minutes. Have yet to try the other modes but its worth it for sleep mode alone. Works w
I had this app on all my previous devices and it used to be way better. It used to have a headache soundwave but not anymore. It's still great for falling asleep , and has a timer.
Everything was perfect until I wanted to turn it off! !!! I had to turned off my phone. .. I couldn't find a way!!! Can you tell me please :)
I'm not sure to what extent they work but it did put me to sleep once or twice so I guess it does what it promises.. Good job dev..
Use it every night