Fooducate Healthy Weight Loss
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Health tracker
- Detailed info about food ingredients and nutrients
- Daily advice
- Healthier alternative to common meals
- Needs better multi-language support
- It isn't available in certain countries
- It doesn't support popular fitness trackers (wearables)
+ By Fooducate, Ltd.
A comprehensive nutrition app to get into healthier habits
Fast food can be as addictive as many drugs and equally detrimental for your health. However, it's so easy and fast to get it, isn't it? Sometimes it's not the times or the accessibility but the ignorance of which are the alternatives. Fooducate is a comprehensive nutrition app that will help you get into healthier habits. It allows you to scan barcodes and get detailed information about food products: ingredients, nutrients, calories and overall rating based on all those parameters. In addition, it will show alternative (and healthier) products to the one you are looking at, check real-time info about products fed by the community and track your own weight loss progress.
Fooducate is set in a simple yet beautiful and intuitive interface. The app is made up by four sections - food finder, health tracker, community and daily tip - that go through all the phases of getting into a healthier life: changing habits, tracking progress, getting motivation by peers and expert advice on how to improve in each iteration. Finally, the level of detail about food ingredients and nutrients and the way it is displayed (the good, the harmful...) is outstanding.
It isn't available in certain countries. Needs better language support. It doesn't support popular fitness trackers (wearables).
• Featured multiple times on the Google Play store
• 1st prize - US Surgeon General Healthy App Challenge
• Featured in Oprah, USAToday, NYTimes, WSJ, and on ABC, FOX, NBC and more...
• Recommended by dietitians, physicians, fitness gurus, and your friends
***** “I have lost 55 pounds with Fooducate. I've learned how to eat healthy once and for all.”
***** "I am eating healthier, losing weight and enjoying food shopping again.”
***** “Use it daily and I've lost over 15 lbs the correct and healthy way.”
***** "Fooducate is undoubtedly the best health related app!"
***** "Awesome app! I scan EVERYTHING in the supermarket now. :D"
***** "Fooducate is like having a dietitian on speed dial"
***** "This app has helped me lose that final few pounds by helping me make better food choices.”
YOUR HEALTHY DIET PARTNER
+ Track your food intake, calories and exercise
+ Pay attention to the quality of calories, not just quantity
+ Automatically scan a product barcode to see a food’s nutrition grade (A, B, C, or D)
+ Learn about a product's pros and cons
+ Choose healthier alternatives
+ Add your own foods to track
+ Discuss with the community
FOODUCATE TEACHES YOU TO EAT FOR HEALTH!
Fooducate analyzes information found in product nutrition panels and ingredient lists. Scan to discover things manufacturers don't want you to notice:
- excessive sugar
- tricky trans fats
- high fructose corn syrup
- controversial food colorings
- GMO - genetical modified organisms (premium feature)
- additives and preservatives
- artificial sweeteners such as aspartame
- and more...
- age, gender,weight, height, activity level
- desired weight loss rate
- carb control
- health conditions (low cholesterol, pregnancy,...)
- dietary goals (non processed foods, vegetarian)
- avoid MSG, HFCS, GMOs and other scary acronyms
- Gluten free and other allergens
(Note: some personalization features require upgrade to a premium version)
TIRED OF FAD DIETS?
* Do you want to lose weight without low calorie food full of artificial crap?
* Do you want to eat better, healthier food?
* Are you confused by ingredient lists, nutrition labels, health claims, and marketing hype?
---> Download FOODUCATE, and start eating better NOW.
THE BEST NUTRITION APP
• Largest product database (unique barcodes)
• Created by scientists, dietitians and concerned parents
• Includes products from Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and other private labels
• Clean, simple interface give you a food grade, calories, plus all the info you need in less than 5 seconds
• It works - 80% of our users have chosen healthier alternatives suggested by Fooducate
HOW FOODUCATE GRADES PRODUCTS
Products are awarded a nutrition grade of A, B, C, or D by an automatic algorithm. Minimally processed, real foods with intrinsic nutrients will score better than processed foods that are poor in built-in nutrients. Our analysis is based on information that appears on a product’s package - the nutrition facts panel and the ingredient list. Fooducate does not receive any additional input from manufacturers. Fooducate is NOT funded by food manufacturers, supplement companies, diets, or any sort of magic pill.
* Requires Android OS version 2.2 or higher, touch screen, and camera (Not tested on Android tablets)
* Works only with US products
Bug fixes & minor UI enhancements
I really like this app especially because I'm trying the vegan diet out and this app helps me avoid animal byproducts that I don't know of. My only complaint is that some food/drink profiles have duplicates so I'm not sure if it was added either by Fooducate or another user. Also whenever I try to add a food the app freezes. I'm using "my fitness pal" until the bug is fixed. I just have to say th
No problems...easy to use
Really shows us how we fail...when it comes to the food we put in our body. Eat better feel better!
This is a much healthier way to record your diet, without obsessing over calories. It's not as easy to add homemade foods, like sourdough bread or even a salad without adding every ingredient individually, but it definitely comes in handy with packaged foods. I like it enough that I'm considering spending the yearly $15 to upgrade and be able to do more complex nutrient tracking.
Helps me keep track of the calories I consume as well as sugar and salt. It even gives splendid recommendations. Great app
Easy to use and very addictii