Free Speech is ready to be personalized for your needs:
- You can create and edit buttons using your device itself.
- Buttons can read your text using the text-to-speech (TTS) built-into Android, or can play recorded sounds.
- You can display text, images, or both on a button.
- You can "chain" buttons to make it easy to speak hundreds of sentences in just a few taps.
- You can choose how many buttons to display at a time, so that you have as many buttons as you can easily work with on a single screen.
- For things you don't need to say very often, Free Speech also includes a "type to talk" keyboard interface.
Best of all, it's free to use.
Tags: free speech, augmentative and alternative communication, speech generating apps, speech devices, freespeech aac, tts soundboard, speech generating devices, free speech aac, for speech generation, list of lications for speech generating aac aids.
v. 1.31: Added "home" button to new tabs by default.
v. 1.30: Fixed intermittent database errors. Backups work again.
v. 1.29: Fixed problems with missing action bar on devices without a menu key.
v. 1.28: Fixed problems with moving buttons to or linking to new tabs.
v. 1.27: Fixed TTS language detection problems with Samsung devices.
v. 1.26: Fixed image selection in KitKat.
v. 1.25: Fixed problems when selecting another locale.