Hal Higdon's 1/2 Marathon - N1
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Bluefin Software, LLC
Hal Higdon's many accomplishments include:
* Author of 35 books, including the best-selling Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide and a new novel, Marathon
* Completed over 111 marathons and has won four overall victories and numerous age-group firsts
* Holds the current M40 and M45 American records for the steeplechase
* Is one of the founders of Round Runners Club of America
* Has contributed to Runner's World magazine longer than any other writer
ABOUT THE TRAINING PLAN - NOVICE 1
This Novice 1 Half Marathon Training Program is designed both for beginner runners who want to prepare for a 13.1-mile race, but also for experienced runners interested in a fail safe program that will help them to excel without making excessive demands on their time.
Novice 1 is designed for newcomers, individuals who have done very little or even no running before. If you are fit enough to finish the Week 1 long run of 4 miles--even if you have to walk the distance--Novice 1 will get you ready to complete a half marathon in 12 weeks.
Before starting to train for a half marathon, you need to possess a basic fitness level. If you are over age 35, you probably should see your doctor for a physical exam, but assuming no major health problems, most healthy people can train themselves to complete a 13.1-mile race.
The training plan assumes you have the ability to run 3 miles, three to four times a week. If that seems difficult, consider a shorter distance for your first race. You can try our best selling Ease into 5K app which will prepare you to run 3 miles three times a week.
* Twelve weeks long
* Run three days a week
* Cross train two days a week
* Rest two days a week
* Two regular runs a week + one long run each week
* Long runs range from 4 to 10 miles
* The plan finishes with the 1/2 marathon on race day
* You can set Saturday or Sunday race day
* Hal Higdon's voice will encourage you during your runs
* Distance and pace automatically tracked with built in GPS
* Metric units support
* Training schedule at your fingertips
* See dates for recommended 5K and 10K races during your training
* Set your training start date based on the race date
* Home screen shows a visual indicator of your training progress
* Select your own music and skip tracks without leaving the app
* Half point alert, letting you know when to turn back
* Share your workouts on Facebook and Twitter right from your app
* Lock Buttons feature prevents accidental button activation during workouts
* Excellent customer support
* Journal screen lets you document your run
* See your run on a map
* Sync your runs with TrainingPeaks software online directly from your mobile device
* See distance and average pace in the List
* The List view shows the cumulative distance you have run with the app
* The List view shows your fastest mile from all your workouts
* Journal entry screen allows for easier data entry with larger fields
* For treadmill runs you can easily input your treadmill speed and it will be converted into minute per mile (or kilometer) pace
* You can change the workout day in the journal entry
Because this app needs accurate location information, this app requires a device with a GPS antenna.
Tags: hal higdons how to train.
- Improved playlist shuffle mode
- Various bug fixes