Lightning Bug - Sleep Clock
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Relaxing sounds
- Works well
- Didn't find any. Did you?
+ By lightningbug.me
Set the alarm clock and fall asleep to the relaxing sounds
Lightning Bug is an alarm clock for Android with a great variety of sounds to use, such as rain storms, ocean waves, white noise, city trains and many more.
After installing it, tap on screen to open the menu: on the left there are settings and scenery selection and on the right side there are options for changing the current scene's settings. There's also a Plugin mode, available when tapping on the puzzle piece button.
This app helps you fall asleep with the sounds included so it's a useful tool for relaxing and resting like a kid. It doesn't repeat the same audio over and over again but it uses a random pattern so you don't have to hear the same twice. Besides the sound, there's also the background, which you can also choose and change to your taste.
Lightning Bug - Sleep Clock was developed by 1908 Media, creator of other useful applications and plugins. If you have trouble sleeping and also need a good alarm clock, this is your perfect app.
Lightning Bug, ambience and white noise mixer.
Mix some me time! Find sleep and relaxation easier with Lightning Bug, an ambience and white noise mixer for Android powered devices. Lightning Bug features a library of almost 200 sound loops and samples ranging from the natural peace of rain storms and ocean waves, to pure white noise, city trains, meditation bells, acoustic and electronic instruments, and down-tempo break beats.
Lightning Bug also includes many soothing backgrounds and sound visualizations. It even has a stylish, customizable digital clock with alarm, a great replacement for your bedside alarm clock!
For the full Lightning Bug experience, check out plugins. Press the puzzle piece!
Having a problem with sounds and icons disappearing?
The original version of Lightning Bug stored files to a generic folder on your SD card. But in the last year or so various anti-virus and disk utility apps have determined this type of storage is suspect and, in some cases, will automatically delete the contents of Lightning Bug's content folder. So, in our latest release, 22.214.171.124 as of this writing, we moved Lightning Bug's folder into protected app storage on your SD. This will prevent anti-virus and disk utility apps from deleting your icons and sounds.
This means that if you're sounds and icons were already gone before installing 126.96.36.199, they will still be missing. The 188.8.131.52 update will prevent your sounds and icons from going missing again, but unfortunately you'll have to re-install your plugins one more time. We're very sorry for the inconvenience!
Interested in Beta Testing?
Read our tester guide for more info here:
- Almost 200 sound samples and loops engineered exclusive for Lightning Bug
- Over 50 soothing backgrounds and sound visualizations
- Control each sound’s volume (long press the sound’s icon)
- Plugin-Mode for adding lot’s of high quality new content (look for the puzzle piece!)
- Control each sample sound’s playback frequency (plugin-mode only)
- Customize each scene with whatever sounds you want (plugin-mode only)
- Digital Clock, customize font, color, screen size, and date\time format
- Alarm Clock with customizable Snooze
- Local Weather
- Sleep Timer w\ App Shutdown
- Screen Dimmer
- Screen Timeout
- Supports All Screen Orientations (except upside down)
- Disable Device Button Lights
We’ve been lucky to work with some very talented artists willing to contribute their skills to making Lightning Bug better for all. Please check out their sites, show them your support!
Photography by Maria “Jpeg” Izaurralde
Sounds by State Azure
• Your Approximate Location, *Only used if you enable Lightning Bug’s local weather feature*
• Phone state, Required so that audio can be ducked (partially to fully muted) during phone calls.
• Read, modify, or delete SD storage contents. This is required to allow downloads and storage of sound and image files.
• Run at startup. Lightning Bug runs very briefly when your device boots to synchronize alarms with your system clock. This has minimal impact on your device startup time.
• Full network access & View network connections. This enables downloading extra content, such as sounds or images.
• Send sticky broadcast. This creates stability in the primary audio and content download systems.
• Prevent phone from sleeping. This ensures smooth audio playback. Your screen will still lock (go dark) to preserve battery life.
- Fix for sounds and icons disappearing!
* If your sounds and icons are currently not working, please reinstall them.
* This fix will keep them from disappearing again, but can't automatically bring them back!
- Long-press Support to attach a log
*Lightning Bug Audio*
An audio system we built that fixes audio gaps\skipping! To enable:
- Press the screen to bring up the main menu
- Press the clock icon
- Press the first option
i love this app but now it dosn t work on gingerbread, plz fix it, thanks
id give it five stars but I just had to uninstall it for the second time bc it isn't working all of a sudden...boooooo!! Well...tried using the app again...worked well for a few weeks at the most...then all of a sudden...no audio again...oh well I guess this relationship is over..sorry lightning bug...I've found someone else
So, I reinstalled the packs...Even restarted the phone...Still nothing. Upgrading apps, often is not worth the hassle. Uninstalled.
They just have to keep pestering me to try there other stuff with a full page pop-up. UNINSTALL.
Amazing app! Works perfectly!
I will always need this app