50,000 - 100,000 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
There is so much more to healthy eating than just counting calories. Everyone knows that fruits and vegetables are much healthier than candies and sodas, yet calories alone do not capture that difference. MyPlate Tracker is about helping you achieve your goals of a healthier lifestyle by tracking what you eat, not just how much. Our methods are not backed by our own ideas, but by years of research that goes into the Dietary Guidelines for Americans published by the USDA.
This app gives users the ability to lookup their customize MyPlate food plan and provides basic information to help determine which foods belong to which group and equivalency tables. Users can enter their age, gender and physical activity level to quickly see the recommendations of Americas top nutritionists. The Daily Food Plan allows you to see how much of each food group you should be eating each day for a healthy, balanced diet.
The 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, form the basis of the federal government’s nutrition education programs, federal nutrition assistance programs, and dietary advice provided by health and nutrition professionals. The Guidelines messages include:
• Enjoy your food, but eat less.
• Avoid oversized portions.
Foods to Increase
• Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
• Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk.
• Make at least half your grains whole grains
Foods to Reduce
• Compare sodium (salt) in foods like soup, bread, and frozen meals, and choose foods with lower numbers.
• Drink water instead of sugary drinks.
DISCLAIMER: This app and its developer are not affiliated with the U.S. Department of Agriculture or www.choosemyplate.gov.
Tags: myplate, myplate.gov, myplate tracker, myplate food, myplate pictures, food groups my plate, how do i sync myplate online with the, food group tracker, myplate updatte, myplate.gov for adults.
- The long-awaited PlateTracker is finally here.
- Added height and weight to calculate adjusted food plan based on BMI.
- Added signup for private beta of Plate Tracker.
- Fixed possible crash on startup affecting a small percentage of users.