5,000 - 10,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By HEALTH AND BEAUTY APPS
Learning how to relax doesn't always come easily. Using relaxation music and guided meditations can be a very easy, effortless way to relax which is a great way to relax when you are pregnant.
There are many reasons for using relaxation before, during and after pregnancy. There are different types of relaxation which can be used, and benefits include:
- Feeling that you have a better ability to cope with stress and worries about being pregnant.
- Allows time out from problems, difficulties and responsibilities.Provides your body with a "rest" from the effects of stress.
- Improves your feelings of well being.
- Reduces anxiety.
- Reduces the effects of fatigue and tiredness caused by stress which is common during pregnancy
- Less aches and pains are felt, as these can be due to increased muscle tension.
- Blood pressure may be reduced by practicing relaxation.
- Visual imagery helps to use your imagination in a positive way - sometimes we imagine things that increase tension and cause stress and anxiety. Using your mind in a different way on a regular basis can help to overcome these or change your mind's focus.
- Your baby will gain a more relaxed Mum and enjoy the benefits of less physical tension within the body during pregnancy.
- After pregnancy your baby can pick up extra tension in Mum or Dad - relaxation can help to reduce this, and therefore help to settle both you and your baby more easily.
Specific relaxations can help to confront fear and frustrations and anxieties.
Sometimes pregnancy can be a stressful so it's important to
Scientists in England have shown that mothers transmit their anxiety to the baby in the womb as early as 17 weeks into development. Stress levels in the baby (measured by an increase in the hormone cortisol) start to rise and fall in line with those of the mothers' even at this early age.
It's completely normal to feel stressed and anxious during pregnancy - all those hormones rushing about, money worries, the fact that your life is changing in a profound way, or even concerns about the baby's health.
These can all seem pretty daunting, but there are many ways to overcome these feelings and enjoy a calm, peaceful pregnancy. Research has shown that if you are tense and anxious during your pregnancy, the chances are you will have a tense and anxious baby, so even more reason to learn how to relax during pregnancy!
Tags: pregnancy relaxation, apps for labor relaxing, early pregancy relaxation apps, visual guided meditation for pregnancy, meditation apps for pregnant women, pregnancy relaxation app review, free relaxing music pregnancy.