RunKeeper - GPS Track Run Walk
10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Web version sync
- Good-looking UI
- Needs extra features and data
- Asks for data contact permission (Why?)
RunKeeper allows you to monitor your fitness activities by using the GPS
If you want to monitor your workout in order to check if you're progressing there are lots of Android apps that can help you in this issue. RunKeeper is a simple and good-looking tool that tracks distance, time, pace, calories, heart rate (if you use a complementary cardio equipment) and path traveled on map.
It uses the GPS to track on the map your routes. Actually you can design them before going out running. This way you will monitor distance, time and the approximated calories. It shows on a bar graph your progresses. It has to be said that this is one of the easiest-to-use workout monitoring tools. Just run, stop or pause the tracking. Its simplicity is its strongest point, specially for those that doesn't need detailed info. However it's at the same time a weakness: we're missing other useful data as speed average, maximum and minimum elevation, more stats graphs, etc. Some of these features are on the website, not in the app. This should be improved. You can find more info about heart rate and upload some data from the app to your account.
RunKeeper has been developed by FitnessKeeper Inc., a developer who has just launched this app. It was first launched on iOS with remarkably success. In Android is also being well received.
If you're looking for a simple app for tracking your workout, this is a good choice. Easy to get the hang of it, although with just few data.
Track your runs, walks, bike rides, training workouts and all of the other fitness activities using the GPS in your Android Phone.
• Calculate running pace, cycling speed, route distance, elevation and calorie burn for any fitness activity - in high accuracy and real time!
• Find and follow pre-planned routes and map your run or walk on the go.
• Follow training plan workouts or create your own with audio coaching
• Get audio updates while you work out about your total mileage, calorie count, pace, speed, mileage
• Sync your Polar Heart Rate Monitor to track your heart rate and stay in heart rate zones
• Use your Pebble or Samsung Galaxy Gear smart watch to track all your stats, right on your wrist!
• Run while listening to music - RunKeeper automatically integrates with your phone’s music app.
• Easily add your indoor cardio (treadmill, elliptical) and gym workouts (Yoga, Crossfit) right in the app to keep a full training log all in one place.
• Track right from your home screen with the RunKeeper Android widget
Get motivation and guidance to finish a race, lose weight, or get in shape. RunKeeper is THE training app for all skill levels- “Couch to 5k” all the way up to Marathon training for speed!
• Find and follow Run/Walk training plans as a beginner
• Get coached with 10k, Half Marathon and Full Marathon training plans for more advanced runners built by renowned coaches like Jeff Galloway
• Train for weight loss with “running for fat loss” plans by Mike Diebler
• Already using a Greatist training calendar? RunKeeper has those too!
• See your entire training calendar directly in the running app, and get coached through each workout while you run with audio cues
Sync Runkeeper.com with the best fitness apps you’re all ready using for nutrition, sleep monitoring, weight, step tracking, calorie counting and getting rewards. RunKeeper integrates with popular fitness apps and devices like:
• MyFitnessPal calorie tracking app
• Fitbit activity monitoring devices
• Garmin Forerunner GPS watches and Garmin Connect
• Withings wifi scales
• Sleep Cycle app
• Hundreds of other apps and devices like, Lose it!, Jawbone Up, GymPact, Earnedit, Fitocracy, Zombies Run, Gym Hero, pedometers and more!
Set fitness goals and track your progress over time
• Set goals to run a half marathon, lose weight, complete a total distance or set a personal record
• Chart your progress, get notified at every milestone, and see a full log of all your past goals
• See a full list of all your personal bests for races, distances and times for any sport or activity, whether you’re doing epic hiking treks, running ultra-marathons (we sip battery)
Train better with your friends!
• Easily share your fitness activities and successes with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and beyond!
• Invite and follow your friends to join you on RunKeeper, follow their journey and motivate them to succeed through commenting and liking their activity on RunKeeper’s Fitness feed
• Compete against your friends for a top spot on monthly activity leaderboards
Get even more performance with RunKeeper Elite!
• Use RunKeeper Live tracking to let your friends watch your fitness activities while you’re on the move
• Use Lifetime insights to see average pace trends and sum up how much your doing each week, month, or over your entire training history.
• Compare and rank all of your activities by speed and distance to see where everything stacks up.
Questions about requested permissions? See http://runkeeper.com/googlePlay
- Personalized insights into your goal progress to help you stay on track no matter where you are with your training (RunKeeper Elite only)
- Get real rewards for your best workouts! Check your end of activity and you may find a surprise :)
- Android Wear bug fixes and improvements
I often take long bike rides and sometimes takes some breaks. I pause runkeeper but after a while realize that runkeeper started again by it self. This happened first time a month ago and is really annoying cause it destroy my timings. I have also problem when posting a result on Facebook, it will always be a different result than I have on my phone :(
I love this app, it has helped me build up my fitness and I can see how I am improving. However, I am wonder about the speed as you are actually walking, it is quite a few mph out which is a lot when you are trying to improve lol
... even if you are a couch potato.
Works well on my moto x
This app is amazing it keeps me motivated to stick to my workout. I also can connect with friends that live states away which is pretty cool.
i like it very much
I like this app but it's lack of support for my garmin heart rate monitor means I can't get the most from the app. Also was there not a way to share info to the s-health apps on my Samsung?