RunKeeper - GPS Track Run Walk
10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Web version sync
- Good-looking UI
- Needs extra features and data
- Asks for data contact permission (Why?)
RunKeeper allows you to monitor your fitness activities by using the GPS
If you want to monitor your workout in order to check if you're progressing there are lots of Android apps that can help you in this issue. RunKeeper is a simple and good-looking tool that tracks distance, time, pace, calories, heart rate (if you use a complementary cardio equipment) and path traveled on map.
It uses the GPS to track on the map your routes. Actually you can design them before going out running. This way you will monitor distance, time and the approximated calories. It shows on a bar graph your progresses. It has to be said that this is one of the easiest-to-use workout monitoring tools. Just run, stop or pause the tracking. Its simplicity is its strongest point, specially for those that doesn't need detailed info. However it's at the same time a weakness: we're missing other useful data as speed average, maximum and minimum elevation, more stats graphs, etc. Some of these features are on the website, not in the app. This should be improved. You can find more info about heart rate and upload some data from the app to your account.
RunKeeper has been developed by FitnessKeeper Inc., a developer who has just launched this app. It was first launched on iOS with remarkably success. In Android is also being well received.
If you're looking for a simple app for tracking your workout, this is a good choice. Easy to get the hang of it, although with just few data.
Track your fitness activities and have fun doing it
- See detailed stats around your pace, distance, time, and calories burned.
- Get stats, progress, and coaching through your headphones with built-in audio cues.
- Listen and control your music during your workout.
- Measure your heart rate with many available sensors (appropriate heart rate zones depend on your weight).
- Take pictures along the way to share and save while you go.
- Update your weight to keep calories burned accurate.
Measure your performance over time
- View a detailed history of your activities (runs, walks, bikes, etc.) to see how you are doing.
- Get notified when you hit new personal bests and milestones.
- Measure your progress against your goals and targets.
- Follow detailed plans to help you achieve specific fitness objectives, like run for weight loss or run a 5K.
- Turn any activity into a route to do again later.
Share with friends
- Post your activity stats (map, distance, calories, and time), fitness achievements and training plans to Facebook, Twitter and your friends on RunKeeper.
- Let supporters watch LIVE maps of your workouts and races as you go (must subscribe to RunKeeper Elite).
Get a broader picture of your health at RunKeeper.com
- Integrate your activity data with more than 70 other apps and services including MyFitnessPal, Lose It, Fitbit, Withings, Garmin and many more, to get deeper insight into your overall health.
- View detailed reports of your tracked activity level, calories burned, weight loss, and many more stats over time.
Track, measure, and improve your fitness with RunKeeper.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
New Training Tab!
- Find the FREE training plan that matches YOUR fitness goals.
- Easily follow your training schedule and crush your workouts with
Updated Me Tab!
- View your workout history and stats, all in one place.
I like the new features such as able to see activity details and insights. Heart rate monitor works great providing battery isn't dead... But that has nothing to do with runkeeper.
Its a good app except for the GPS! The last few runs my gps has been short each time compared to others iv ran with using different apps and last night the gps stopped completely mid run even though it was a perfectly clear sky! If this was fixed it woul
I should be in the Olympics based on what it's telling me lol
The 4.4.2 update now fixes the crashes if you use ART on KitKat.
The app WAS a solid 4, just not 5 from minor things like better audio integration or that activities are shown in GMT. But now they take the one page I care about and make me click more times to get to it. The activities page should be the second most acc
Tracking, goals, more than just running! Great app
Motivates you to go the extra km, records all your runs and stats and it 's free... No problems up to now - 2 months of help with getting fit! Thanks!