Strava Running and Cycling GPS
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
Also in : Biking
- Truly simple interface
- Strong community
- Accurate mapping and GPS
- Privacy controls limited
- Goal tracking restricted
Runners and cyclist will love this intuitive and motivational app
Runners and cyclists are massive fans of the the Strava app, and it’s clear to see why. Whether you're competing with yourself for a new personal best, or vying against strangers who are quicker than you, Strava brings the competition home. A great interface and strong community make this app truly worth it.
Strava has a truly simple interface. Example: if you want to switch between running or cycling, tap on the bicycle or shoe icon at the top and you’re there. It really is that easy.
GPS and mapping are super accurate, and Strava easily records your running and cycling data, comparing you with others hassle free. This community of other users is one of the app’s strongest assets, and a great motivator for competitive types.
It also supports Bluetooth and ANT devices, such as heart rate monitors. All-in-all, a thoroughly ‘freemium’ app.
Privacy could be a little better explained and protected: in-app privacy controls are limited. Goal tracking is also restricted to Premium members.
Track your runs and rides with GPS, join Challenges and see how your running and riding compares with friends.
TRACK YOUR RUNS AND RIDES WITH GPS
• Follow routes you’ve created or found and view your activity map as you record
• Get key stats like distance, pace, speed, elevation gained and calories burned
• Collect heart rate data from Zephyr HxM Bluetooth sensors
CLIMB THE LEADERBOARDS
• Set personal records and see how you stack up against friends, locals and pros
• Join monthly Challenges designed to push you further
• Find your friends and motivate them with kudos and and comments
• Share your activities on Facebook and Twitter
• Share Instagram photos from your activities on your Strava profile
FIND PLACES TO RUN AND RIDE
• Explore the most popular segments anywhere you go
• Filtered leaderboards by age and weight to see where you stack up
• Set weekly mileage or time-based goals and keep track of your daily progress
• Train more effectively with detailed heart rate analysis and see your Suffer Score
• Get your performance results immediately after completing a segment
• See which of your friends are currently out riding or running
• Stay on top of your game throughout the year with training videos
• Visualize your training with Power Zone and Pace Distribution analysis
• Access to exclusive Premium gear, Shop discounts, and extra rewards all year
• These Premium features are available through in-app purchasing
Strava includes support for Android wear. Use voice control to start and stop your activities, and get stats about your runs and rides without taking out your phone.
Visit www.strava.com to access even more features.
NOTE ON GPS SUPPORT:
Strava depends on GPS for recording activities. In some devices, the GPS does not work properly and Strava will not record effectively. If your Strava recordings show poor location estimation behavior, please try to update the operating system to the most recent version. We recommend running Android version 2.3.3 or above. Furthermore, there are some devices which have consistently poor performance with no known remedies. On these devices we restrict installation of Strava, for example Nexus One and HTC Hero. See our support site for more information: https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/27141334-Does-Strava-4-x-run-on-my-Android-device-
Now it’s easier than ever to share photos and see your progress on Strava.
Strava Photos: Share your adventures.
●Snap photos on the road or trail.
●Upload your favorites directly to your Strava activities.
New Leaderboard Filters and Segment Efforts
●My Recent Results view shows progress on segments.
●New age and weight filters for Premium members.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Jayne Deacon.
Changing my previous review of 5 stars. If I review the overall offering of Strava that is still 5 stars. However the app has become painfully slow. Need to go to the web to view data post ride/run. Please sort this out Strava team. Using HTC 1. Update........the app has changed and now it doesn't show the total number of people per section only ones position. No real way of understanding how you
Crashes on Android and drops gps
The one I use the most. Well done all!
Helps me track and stay motivated!
Can't post to Facebook anymore even though it says it has and don't receive toolbar notifications either
Fantastic app a must for every sports person.