Sworkit Pro - Circuit Training
10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Many different exercises
- Instructional images and video
- Customization by exercise type and length of workout
- Video takes too long to load
- Notification ding too soft
+ By Ryan Hanna
Guided, focused, randomized circuit training in 30" intervals instructional images/videos
There's admittedly a certain unique charm held exclusively by drill-sergeant fitness instructors, but perhaps you'd prefer to take your circuit training minus the shrieking. Ryan Hanna's Sworkit is for you.
Choose between two broad categories of movements first, either Strength Training or Yoga, Cardio, & More. From there you'll be prompted to specify - do you want to work your whole body, or focus on core strength? There's light warm up activities available as well, plus guided stretching from head to toe. Select how many minutes you'd like to workout from 5 - 60, and you're all set to sweat.
The app will guide you through activities matching your chosen category in intervals of 30 seconds each, dinging to signify a change to the next movement and prompting a rest period each two minutes. All exercises are indicated by corresponding still images, plus an additional real-life video in case it's still unclear what you need to do. Best of all, no exercise requires any extra equipment - no resistance bands, no free weights, and definitely no gym membership.
Once you're finished with your workout, the app will inform you of a few stats (time spent, calories burned) and offer you the opportunity to "challenge a friend" over social media.
A few complaints: if you're in the middle of a workout and suddenly find that you need to check out the video in order to know what to do, the video has to take a few precious panting seconds to load, which is rather inconvenient. The "ding" that signifies when each 30 seconds are up is also not nearly loud enough, particularly if you're playing any kind of music along with your exercise.
Still, Ryan Hanna's Sworkit is a solid addition to the apps that enable folks to keep in shape without submitting to the tyranny of the gym.
Now syncs directly to MyFitnessPal
★ GREATIST.COM - "A Mobile App for Working Out Anywhere...The pro-version of the app is definitely worth the $0.99 splurge. | Best Health & Fitness Apps of 2014
★ LIFEHACKER.COM - "Generally we like to recommend free versions over the pro versions, but Sworkit Pro is only $1 and the additional features are pretty helpful (namely the spoken exercise names)." - July 10, 2012
PRO VERSION FEATURES:
★ Audible announcement of exercises
★ Save multiple Custom Workouts
★ Or download custom workouts from http://sworkit.com/customs
★ Total progress tracking and daily+weekly goals
★ Pause between exercises option in Settings 2-10 seconds
★ Enable/Disable 30 second break
★ Bonus Workouts: Boot Camp, Rump Roaser & Bring the Pain
★ Access to future feature upgrades and bonus workouts
★★★★★ - "I've downloaded a number of exercise apps hoping to find my fairy tale app...FOUND IT! great variety of exercises, you can choose upper, lower, full, yoga, or stretching! You can select your workout time, breaks between exercises so you can get into position. A voice calls out the exercise and sound cues help keep track of time. Love it!"
★★★★★ - "Everything you need, nothing you don't, and at an affordable price. I LOVE IT!!!"
★★★★★ - "I travel 4 days a week for work. This keeps my workouts interesting in hotels and I can do them in my room. No equipment requited. Awesome."
Sworkit is designed to keep your workouts more interesting by building randomized workouts that do not require any extra equipment and will not become monotonous. The circuit training aspect provides additional cardiovascular fitness with each exercise being presented in 30 second intervals with a built in rest periods every 2 minutes.
• Targeted workouts for Upper Body, Lower Body, Core Strength, Back Strength, Stretching Only, and custom Yoga Sequences.
• Create your own Custom Workouts using any exercises in our library for a fully personalized experience. Great for focused workouts, injury recovery, and new challenges.
• Full Body mode combines upper, lower, and core exercises.
• Anything Goes combines full body, back strength, stretching only, and basic yoga poses.
• Images are provided to describe every exercise.
• Sun Sequence yoga workout is designed as a great warm up or can be used as practice by itself. Complete as many rounds as you would like.
• Full Sequence 1 takes you through a full yoga workout and gives you control of the speed to allow you to control your breathing pattern.
• Audible sounds indicate when it is time to switch workouts.
I hope you enjoy Sworkit as a great workout tool that will keep you motivated to increase your overall fitness level at your convenience.
Please workout within your means and be safe at all times.
- Import preconfigured workouts from the custom workouts screen like Low Impact, Pregnancy - Full Body, Rump Roaster, Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced Full Body, Runner's Warm-up and more
- Fix for connecting MyFitnessPal through Facebook
- Transition Pause enabled by default for new users
- Optional voice or ding for transitions
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission added to support optional social sharing
If you love Sworkit Pro, please consider leaving an updated review and telling a friend.
This app really works and is easy to use, but it has kicked my butt numerous times. No excuses!
Love that it syncs to My fitness pal. Think free version is just as good for my needs though.
A simple solution for circuit training
This is why I like paid apps. No ads, disable extras, no leading for you to purchase more crap. This app does what it advertises.
I love it. Convenient and easy to use.
Would really like to see an updated UI through....