1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By quadWorks
- Countdown with analog- and digitaldisplay
- 23 types of tea with short description and some hints for e.g. water temperature
- different green teas (Bancha, Chun Mee, Gun Powder, Gyokuro, Matcha, Sencha)
- different black teas (Assam, Ceylon, Darjeeling, Early Grey, Irish Blend)
- Oolong, Fruits, Herbs, Rooibos
- different signals (Alarm, Rooster, Electronic, Train)
- Optional: Ticking of Second, Countdownsignal for the last 5 seconds, vibrationalert (for soundless alert, only on iPhone)
Miss your favorite tea? Write to us...
Like green tea from the plant named Camellia Sinensis. The oxidation takes longer with this tea, which is the main difference to other teas. This process give the typical black or dark color. Mainly produced by India, Sri Lanka, Africa, and South America. Several types of black tea offer differently strong Aroma, and have to treated likewise to get the best results.
Keep in mind: Tea, brewed for more than 2 minutes stimulates. Tea, brewing for more than 5 minutes, is more relaxing.
Only slightly oxidized tealeafs of Camellia Sinensis are used. For centuries consumed by people in China, India, or Japan. The special treatment - drying with air - conserves the healthy ingredients of green tealeafs. Since many years, traditional Healers in India and China use green tea to control bleeding and to stimulate healing of wounds. Green tea may help in cases of heart disease, aids digestion and enhances mental processes.
"Oolong" means as much as "Black Dragon" or "Black Snake", and comes from the some plant as Green or Black Tea, the Camellia Sinensis. Oolong has more caffeine than Black but less than Green Tea. Some legends are said to be true, like this one: While harvesting tea, the farmer was frightened by a black snake. Some days later, he returned to collect the tea. The tea oxidized in the sun, and offered a fine and bloomy taste after brewing.
Oolong may be used several times, so Chinese developed a ceremony giving names to the first three cups:
1. Tea of good exhalation
2. Tea of good taste
3. Tea of long friendship.
Meanwhile, Oolong is produced not only in China, but also in India, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Malawi and Kenia.
Tags: tea timer, tea timer india.
Added Lapacho and Mate.
Be careful with these two, because they are also used for healing purposes and should not be consumed intensively :-)