Stable Speed Library
100 - 500 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
* It doesn't crash all the time
* Adds simple UI to allow playback speeds faster than 2x
* JellyBean+ devices support most audio formats, including MP3, Vorbis and AAC
* Pre-JellyBean devices only playback MP3 files
* Pre-JellyBean devices do not support streaming
It acts as a background service, and provides variable speed playback of all audio formats supported by Android MediaPlayer, this including MP3, Ogg Vorbis, and, unlike Presto, AAC.
If you already own Presto, you MUST UNINSTALL PRESTO before Stable Speed will work.
PLEASE NOTE: BeyondPod and DoggCatcher now supporting variable-speed playback natively. There is now NO NEED to also purchase Stable Speed.
Stable Speed has been confirmed to work with :
- BeyondPod (old version -- current version does not need Stable Speed!)
- DoggCatcher (old version -- current version does not need Stable Speed!)
- PodTrapper Beta
- Audio Book Player
Pocket Casts, BeyondPod and DoggCatcher no longer support Presto-compatible players.
This code puts a premium on stability. If an error is detected you will be prompted to email the issue to me. Please do so!
Internet access is necessary to stream files from the Internet.
I'm sorry the screenshots aren't nicer, but there's not really a user interface, and Google insist on two screenshots!
Tags: speed library.
* Fix for Kit-Kat crash when left paused over-night
* Better error message when try to play corrupted or unsupported file type
* More-or-less reverted to the much-loved Version 11 code.
* Fix seek, "currentPosition", and end-of-track detection problems.
* Added ability to override client-defined playback speed (for faster than 2x playback)
* Fixed rare crash on Bluetooth devices
* More "currentPosition" problems fixed.
* Native arm7 binaries