1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Research ancestry
- Over 14billion documents
- Fun and easy
- Limited functions
- Not free
The Ancestry app links with Ancestry.com to give you access to your genealogy.
If you're into genealogy, you're going to both love and hate this app. You'll love that you have access to 14 billion of documents and your family tree. You'll hate it because it's not Ancestry.com. While the site and app are linked, the app does not compare. Its functions are limited and editing is next to impossible. Add to that the bugs that haven't been worked out yet, and you'll find you sometimes want to pull your hair out. But the ease of use of the app and the automatic syncing with the site mean that you'll still use it, even if it could be better.
The Ancestry app gives you access to your family tree and lets you search through billions of photos, stories, and historical documents. The app makes it easy to share with friends and family, so when you find the next piece of the puzzle, you can let everybody know!
The app is glitchy. It freezes and crashes too much. And the service is not free (although the app is). You can get a trial run, but if you really want to research your ancestors, you'll need more than that. The functions it offers are limited, especially when compared to the website.
• Discover stories, photos, and records about your ancestors with Ancestry Hints™
• Access more than 14 billion historical records, photos, and more
• Explore billions of historical photos and records
• Preserve and share your history with a family tree
• Share and collaborate with friends and family
Android Phone and Tablet Features:
• Ancestry Hints™ automatically find records, photos, and stories about your family
• In just a few taps create, edit, and see your family tree
• Sync automatically with your Ancestry.com account
• Easily upload photos and add facts or stories to your family tree
• Add family members to your tree from Facebook
• View the latest hints across your entire tree
• Your best hints are highlighted for fast discoveries
• Filter your hints by records, photos or stories
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Molly Carter.
Love this app, especially when I am in the field collecting infodmation. But, I find the iPhone app's feature that link to Facebook is a needed feature on the Android app. Love to have that ability. In fact, love be able to get information on any social media page like Google +, Facebook, etc.
This is a great app to use on the move to supplement main computer usage. The update has enhanced it greatly and doubled its value. Well done Ancestry, you've made this member very happy.
Who am I?
Fun way to review records and add to the family tree. Different interface than Web app makes for a fresh experience. Fun to explore a different way.
Same as above. It's slow and you have to pay. Waste of time