50 - 100 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
Beermad mobile is designed for all beer-lovers who like to keep a record of the beers they've sampled. Whether you're a hard-core scooper or someone who likes to try different beers and keep notes about what you thought about them, this is the app for you. And it's incredibly easy to use.
Please note that import/export can only use whichever card in your device that has been defined as the "default storage location". This is due to access restrictions in Android to stop apps getting up to no good.
Please also note that there are no beers or breweries in the database until you add them yourself. An optional CSV file to import current regular/seasonal British beers will be available to purchase in the near future.
To people reviewing with problems (or anybody else having problems), please email with details so I can try to help/fix.
With over 1000 British Real Ale breweries producing over 10 000 beers every year, there's never been a wider range of ales available in our pubs. No wonder thousands of beer-lovers keep a record of the beers they've sampled.
Beermad mobile for Android is designed to make keeping those records even easier. Whether you're a hard-core scooper or someone who just likes to try a variety of ales and keep a note of them, it's designed to make your life easy.
You can record (and show) as much or as little about each beer and brewery as you want. The list below shows what you can record; you choose what to use, only the brewery and beer names have to be recorded.
Please note that this app does not come pre-loaded with a beer database. It will be empty until you start putting beers in yourself.
Brewery informationAs many or as few as you want of:
- Link to website
- Link to Beermad page
- Link to Quaffale page
- Link to Cyclops tasting notes page
- Telephone number (with quick-dial link)
- Email address
- Currently brewing (yes/no)
- Whether use of a sparkler is recommended (get this from Camra's Good Beer Guide)
- Date added
- Date last updated
- Up to four extra fields to record anything else about the brewery you want to note
Beer informationAs many or as few as you want of:
- Alternative names
- Sampled (yes/no)
- Personal rating
- Colour (as a typed-in name, from a colour-picker or by picking a colour from a photo taken with your camera)
- Beer style
- Date sampled
- Container (cask, Real Ale in a bottle, etc)
- Sediment preference (for RAIBs)
- Date added
- Date last updated
- Photograph (taken with 'phone's camera
- Up to four extra fields to record anything else about the beer you want to note
On some devices, the page automatically zooms annoyingly when you search for a brewery or beer. This can now be disabled within the Beermad mobile settings.
If you keep ratings, you can have a colour bar on each brewery page, giving an indication of how good or bad you've found the brewery's beers to have been (with optional alternative colour-scheme for colour-blind people.
Your existing beer list can be imported into Beermad mobile using a CSV file. All information is kept on your Android device and can be exported from the app either as a CSV file or a Beermad export file (suitable for keeping backups or copying beers to another Android device).
Beermad mobile can be used in English, Dutch or French (choose when you install it or change later).
Recently changed in this version:
Many improvements & bug fixes, including:
* Massive speedup in the display of a brewery's beers, and other lists. (So much so, that the "fast load" option will no longer be needed).
* Status bar at the top of the 'phone is now hidden while the app's showing. Should be particularly beneficial for users with small devices or those using it in landscape mode.
* More attractive layout for lists.
See http://www.beermad.org.uk/mobile/changes.shtml for full list of changes.