BigOven: 250,000+ Recipes
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
Also in : Cooking
- 250,000+ recipes in database
- Simple to upload/import and save your own recipes
- Great organizational system
- Real reviews from other users
- Too easy to click on background ad
Explore 250,000 recipes and plan your weekly menu/grocery list accordingly
Reclaim your dinner from the greasy clutches of takeout. BigOven's comprehensive, searchable library of recipes means your what's-for-dinner woes are over.
There are well over 250,000 recipes in the BigOven database, the majority of them added by users. Browse based on keyword, ingredient, or even dietary restriction (in the paid version). Reviews written by the huge userbase tell you precisely which time-tested roast chicken recipe you can trust. Users also generate menu suggestions, pairing up recipes that work well side-by-side and filing them under useful categories like "Quick & Easy," "Make Ahead," and "Entertaining."
See something that has you salivating? Tag it with "To Try." If you can't wait to sink your teeth in, send it directly to this week's menu, where you'll have the option of adding the ingredients to your grocery list. It's easy to untag anything you already have in your pantry, and even easier to whip out the list while shopping and check off the boxes as you pick up your goodies.
Once you register for an BigOven account (which is free!), you'll be able to upload and store your own personal recipes. You can enter these by typing in text, take a photo of a physical page, or import recipes from sites you've found online. Sort these into categories according to how you like to organize your files, and you'll soon have a personalized digital cookbook all your own.
The only aspect of BigOven that I didn't care for was how easy it was to accidentally click on the ad floating the background of the main page. If you pony up for the paid version, the ads disappear.
BigOven is an indispensable app for spatula fiends everywhere.
Anyone (no signup needed) can:
• Take recipes in the kitchen, to the store, on vacation - no cookbooks or recipe cards!
• Search recipes by keyword, course, ingredient, plus browse popular recipe collections
• Use up leftovers: enter three ingredients from your fridge or pantry to get ideas to make
• Read reviews, scale recipes, convert to metric, share recipes by email, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest
• Browse and share complete menus for special occasions and everyday meals
Get a free BigOven account (use the same one for BigOven.com, other devices) to:
• Make your own recipe collection portable, searchable, and scalable
- Save your Favorites and Recipes to Try Soon
- Add your own recipes by typing them on BigOven.com
- RecipeScan: Upload 3 photos of handwritten or typed paper recipes; we’ll type for you
- View all your Facebook friends’ recipes
- Upload photos of any recipe, add recipe reviews
• Plan meals ahead
- Add recipes and notes onto a drag-and-drop menu planning calendar
- Save and re-use menus for one or more meals.
- Save time and money planning for everyday meals and special occasions
• Grocery shop with ease
- Get a grocery list created for you, automatically sorted by aisle
- Add recipes, full menus, days from the menu planner, and other needed items
- Bring your grocery list along to the store and check off items while shopping
You can create a free BigOven account via Google+, Facebook or simply by entering your own email address. No charge for basic membership!
Get an optional BigOven Pro membership to:
• Remove all ads on our apps and website. A single membership covers all devices.
• Add your own private notes on any recipes
• Manage your recipe collection with power tools
- Add unlimited recipes from cooking websites & blogs via the app or web clipper
- RecipeScan: Upload 25 photos of handwritten or typed paper recipes; we’ll type for you
- Create your own private custom variation of any BigOven recipe on BigOven.com
• Eat better with nutrition tools
- See calories, fat, sodium and more on recipes and individual ingredients
- Vegetarian, Vegan, No Red Meat, No Dairy, No Nuts, No Gluten, No Shellfish collections
- Search recipes by dietary constraint
- Exclude multiple ingredients when searching
Get BigOven's free apps for other devices too - all data syncs via the cloud for free.
See our demo: http://www.bigoven.com
This application requires wifi or cell data access.
New: Share recipes with friends via Google+!
New: Sign up for free BigOven membership via Google+!
Updates to allow easier Facebook recipe sharing
Some lists where this application appears: Apps.
The recipes are great
Love this app. Easily access recipes instead of using cookbooks.
Its free, there will be ads... so I expect that. Receipes great... good variety.
Too many step before u can use the app. Ads overkill
How did I live without this app? I don't remember!
This app is big bright and really pops on my Note 3. I like the alerts, I get helpful info I can actually use and the app it's self is easy to navigate. I didn't expect to use it as much as I do.