Winner of the 2011 White House and HHS “Apps Against Abuse” Technology Challenge
Winner Avon Foundation for Women/Institute of Medicine "Ending Violence @Home"
Featured in Wired, Christian Science Monitor, Al-Jazeera, and Cosmopolitan
• Now available in Hindi! Hotlines customized for New Delhi
• अब हिन्दी में, नई दिल्ली की हॉटलाइन्स के साथ
Users Please Note! You do not need 6 people to use this app successfully. You can fill in as few as you want, and double up to complete the number 6. Thank you for your notes and feedback.
Vice President Joe Biden says, “Thanks to the creativity and vision of these developers, young people now have a new line of defense against violence in their lives.”
With Circle of 6 you have a new way to connect with your most trusted friends- to stay close, stay safe and prevent violence before it happens! It's the mobile way to look out for your friends - on campus or when you're out for the night.
Circle of 6 lets you choose six trusted friends to add to your circle. If you get into an uncomfortable or risky situation, use Circle of 6 to automatically send your circle a pre-programmed SMS alert message, with your exact location. It’s quick. It’s discreet. Two taps on your iPhone is all it takes.
Here’s how it works:
• You're out late and you lose track of your friends. Use Circle of 6 to send your circle a “come and get me” message- with a map using GPS to show your precise location.
• You're on a date that starts to get uncomfortable. You need a polite way to excuse yourself. Use Circle of 6 to alert your circle to call you and interrupt the situation.
• You're seeing someone new, but you have some doubts about how things are going. Use Circle of 6 to access a wealth of online information about healthy relationships.
• In critical situations, use Circle of 6 to call two pre-programmed national hotlines or a local emergency number of your choice.
Circle of 6 is a project of Tech 4 Good, LLC.
Tech 4 Good, LLC. is a human rights mobile start-up. Bringing our experience with youth culture, storytelling, code and design we develop engaging tools and campaigns to support a culture of connectivity and accountability.
Learn more at: http://www.circleof6app.com/who-we-are/
YTH (formerly ISIS) and The Line Campaign, Inc., created the Circle of 6 mobile app in 2012 and each has since sold its entire interest in that project to Tech 4 Good, LLC.
(c) Tech 4 Good, Inc.
Tags: market , circle of 6 wont add , circle of 6 application , circle of 6 apps