Event Countdown Widget
100,000 - 500,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
This is a countdown widget for your home screen to remind you of the meaningful dates in your life. It shows the number of days/hours left to a specified date.
You can add several countdown widgets to your home screen and you can easily customize them at the creation or later by tapping on them.
You need to:
- fill event title (you can hide it)
- choose event date
After these optionally you can:
- choose time
- set title backcolor and forecolor
- set counter forecolor
- choose an icon (from the available ~140 pictures)
- choose from three counting modes:
-- day (counts in days only, use event date only the time doesn't matter, default is 00:00)
-- hour (counts in hours only, use event date + event hour only)
-- automatic (defult in days only mode -> switch to hours only mode in the last day -> finally shows minutes only in the last hour, use event date + time too. )
-- D-H-M (counts in days, hours and mins all at once, but it only works with 3x1 widget size!)
- set a reminder (in hours only)
- set repeating (in days only)
There are three widget size:
1x1 size shows ONLY the days, hours or mins by right of choosed counting mode.
2x1 and 3x1 size shows the same like 1x1 but has bigger fonts and picture.
With 3x1 size you can choose D-H-M counting mode and it will shows days, hours and mins all at once.
You can resize the widgets if you have Android 4.1 version or above. When you resize its layout has change.
(watch the instruction video to see how to!)
How to use:
This is ONLY A WIDGET not a main application! Widgets are little applications which can be placed on the homescreen or the lockscreen, of your Android device. Adding widget to your Home screen is easy:
1a. On your Home screen press the menu key and select Add or alternatively tap any blank/empty area and hold down your finger. In the popup menu choose Widgets.
1b. or Go to your All Apps and select the Widgets tab.
2. Find and select the Event Countdown Widget to add your screen.
Have fun! :)
◄◄◄ IMPORTANT!!!! WHY DO NOT DOWNRATE BECAUSE IS NOT THE APP'S MALFUNCTION : ►►►
- If you have any problem with the accuracy of the countdown widget, it is NOT the widget's malfunction! Either your service provider sent you a wrong date infos or your phone didn't syncronize the date the right way last time (there is a bug in some phone types' ROM)! In this case you should turn off the "automatic date&time" in the Date&time options menu!
- If you can't find it in the widget list you can try to reinstall and restart your phone too! Or: Some phones install apps to the Phone Storage (or SD card) instead of the Internal Storage. You have to move it to Internal Storage in the apps manager and the widget list will show it!
- If the layout doesn't change when you resize OR YOU CAN'T RESIZE with android version 4.0 or below it's an Android fault. Only 4.1 or above version support widget resize!
- There is a resize bug in the Android OS (examp: Samsung TouchWiz launcher)! If your layout doesn't change it's not the app's fault! This is a problem with TouchWiz itself and is outside of my control.
- And pleeeeease don't downrate if you don't know what is widget and can't add it to your homescreen!! It's not my app problem! Please see the examp video! And read the How to Use description!
- If you have any other problems or ideas please send an E-mail instead of downrating!
◄◄◄ -------------------- THANK YOU! -------------------- ►►►
Thanks to Inkey Uno for the English and German, and to Nicola Ventricelli for the Italian translation!
Tags: countdown widget for gs4, event countdown widget.
Known Issues: there is a general resize bug in some laucher (Samsung TouchWiz, Sony Xperia Launcher) above 4.1 android so you can resize but layout doesn't change!!!
+ manual setting for layout/resize bug
# some layout fix
+ new counting mode: Days-Hours-Mins
+ 2x1 and 3x1 fix widget size (for those can't resize widget)
+ German translation
! bugfix: no counting
+ feedback option
+ new icons