To get started, point your camera at:
- Book covers- Video games
- DVDs & CDs
- Packaged goods like games and toys
- A box of cereal.
Flow will also decode:
- UPC barcodes
- QR codes
- Phone numbers & web addresses.
New with 2.0, Flow uses text recognition to enhance product discovery, enable scan and launch phone numbers and websites. Our “Snippets” beta feature lets you decode and copy small chunks of text. Flow uses A9.com's continuous scan technology to automatically recognize items, and overlay information using augmented reality.
Once you launch the app, aim your camera towards the items you want to identify. Flow will begin recognizing items immediately. Move your phone over one or more items, and information is automatically delivered to the screen. As with earlier releases, Flow helps you discover more about products available on Amazon.com. If you want to learn more about a product, or find out about related items, or read customer reviews, tap on the product information preview that appears on the screen.
You can also share product details with friends via email, or Twitter, or make purchases on Amazon.com. For some products, Flow will display media previews, like audio clips or video clips that can be viewed almost instantly. Flow’s History feature gives you access to all your scanned items, sorted by date, product category, item name, or scan type.
New for 2.1.1:
- Performance enhancements
- Bug fixes
New for 2.0:
- Scan multiple items at once.
- Text recognition capabilities enhance product discovery, and power several new features.
- Scan phone numbers and URLs: Flow can decode phone numbers and URLs, so you can quickly scan and dial a number or launch a website.
- Scan and copy small snippets of text. Our “Snippets” Beta feature lets you decode and copy small chunks of text, or trigger searches.