Welcome to the Genealogy Research Assistant, a viewer and editor for family tree information on Android tablets.
Genealogy Research Assistant gives you full access to your family tree research data when on the move - so you can have it all with you when out on a research trip, or at a family gathering, or just anywhere you want.
* Primary displays for a family group, individual person details and pedigree (direct ancestors).
* Navigate by sliding, or choosing a person from a list.
* Navigation undo/redo - makes it easy to move backwards and forwards between two people.
* Supports GEDCOM 5.5.1 for sharing family tree data with other researchers - both import and export.
* Data held on device, so doesn't need internet access to see the trees.
* Supports multiple family trees, allowing switching between them.
* Supports multimedia. - photo, audio and video.
* See all notes, source citations and media associated with each type of record - family, individual, life events etc.
* Search facility for large trees.
* Built in help - doesn't require an internet connection to display.
* Additional support and knowledge base articles on the web site.
* No subscriptions or desktop PC software needed.
* READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - GEDCOM file import, media file access.
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - GEDCOM file export.
* INTERNET - for links to support web site and play store.
* ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE/CHECK_LICENSE - license checking.
All information contained in the database is regarded as the user's personal data, and is not shared with others, unless explicitly done so by the user in the form of an export GEDCOM file.
Short: If there's something wrong tell us, if not tell others.
Long: This app has been tested extensively on a number of tablet devices. All useful software, especially with a potential device range as large as Android, is likely to contain bugs. Should you encounter any issues, or just have suggestions for improvements, please email us or go to our web site to raise a support ticket. If you like it, positive feedback is always welcome.
Tags: genealogy research assistant