Home Decorating Tips!
by: bigo • 30
Here is what you will learn inside this "Home Decorating Tips" guide....
* 7 Budget tips for your living room. In this chapter, we'll go over 7 key things you can do on the cheap that will completely transform your living room. In fact, 5 of these you may be able to do with things already in your house!
* The 11 low or no cost things you can do to redecorate your Dining Room. Learn the outrageous tip that no one else will tell you to do because it "throws off symmetry"!
* Check out chapter 4 for hot tips on recreating your kitchen. Learn why handles and knobs are the perfect low cost transformation.
* 6 Ways to completely redesign your bedroom...using no new furniture at all! Can you guess why you need old baskets in your room?
* And a lot more (including 4 more rooms you might want redesigned)!
Also, here are 2 of The Main Benefits to Do-It-Yourself Home Redecorating:
1) Extremely Cost Effective
An interior decorator will charge tons of money just to TELL YOU what they think. It gets even more expensive if they are overseeing everything!
By doing it yourself, you have complete control over every facet of the project...including your budget. You can create things out of your old belongings, or decide to buy just small pieces of new furnishings. It's completely up to you!
2) You Will Have Created Something that ONLY You Can...and You'll be Much More Proud of it!
Sure, hiring someone else is easier, but it doesn't give much sense of accomplishment. Doing it yourself saves the money, it saves the hassle of dealing with a designer...but it also allows you to creatively express exactly what you want your room to look like. A designer will take your thoughts, and create what THEY THINK you want...
Not all home decorating ideas require a heavy investment of time and money. If you're looking for a few affordable home interior decorating ideas to freshen up a room over a weekend, try these:
1. Rearrange The Furniture- Pull your furniture away from the walls. Try positioning it at intriguing angles. For example, a sofa arranged diagonally across a narrow living room will make the room look wider.
2. Paint A Wall- Paint one wall your favorite color and make it the focal point. Hang interesting art on that wall and move a nice piece of furniture there. (Note: Make sure that the color is one that is shared with several other objects and fabrics in the room.)
3. Bring In Plants- Greenery always adds a breath of fresh air to a room. If you don't have a green thumb, try silk plants and trees. The quality has gotten so good that its hard to distinguish them from the real thing.
4. Lay An Area Rug- An area rug is a wonderful way of defining a conversation area. Try one that complements the room. Lay it at an angle beneath your coffee table.
5. Hang Pictures or Mirror- Hang pictures that reflect your personality. Try frames that are more ornate. When hanging a mirror, try and position it so that it reflects and nice view or an interesting architectural element.
6. Group Figurines- Pull out your favorite collectibles. Show off your personality. Find a display area and group related objects together, in sets of three or five. Try and vary the shapes.
7. Add Decorative Pillows- The good news about decorative pillows is that they are an easy way to add textures and patterns to a room. Still better, they can be changed to jazz up a sofa or chair before your room is ready for a major makeover.
8. Replace Lamps- Lamps are probably the one thing in your home that will give others a clue that your room is outdated. Seek out new and fresh lamps that make a statement.
9. Add A Throw Or Afghan- Similar to decorative pillows, throws and afghans add texture to your furniture. They come in all kinds of natural and man made fabrics. Find a pattern and style that you like.
So, go ahead and grab your free home decorating app now!