1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
Version 1.0 offers:
1) Searchable information on Homeless Shelters and Bed Availability (bed data available for NJ only (at this time))
2) Transportation information including nearby Bus and Train stops
3) Food Resources including Food Banks and Soups Kitchens
4) Legal Resources based on Veteran Administration Accredited lawyers
5) Health and Mental Care facilities from data supplied by SAMSHA
6) VA Facility information
7) Hotline information for national help and local assistance phone numbers
8) Employment Information – including Employment Assistance resources and an aggregated search capability of Jobs across NRD, CareerBuilder, Indeed, SimplyHired and CareerJet
9) Alert and Push Notification capability – Allowing the Care Giver to subscribe to and be notified when beds are available at selected shelters.
10) Detailed information about the place such as links to their websites, phone numbers, contact information, email addresses when the information is available.
1) Integration with Google Places
2) Searching for resources can be done by current location or by full or partial address (state, city, zip)
3) Can search for a specific resource by name using the name search field
4) Can search for resources within a given radius of current location or entered address
5) Search criteria allows a care giver to quickly narrow the results to be specific to the needs of the person seeking help. Such as searching for a specific type of shelter bed, only finding shelters with availability, searching for specific shelter types.
6) Ability to load the web pages from the app
7) Ability to place phone calls to the places
8) Ability to email contacts
9) Get directions to a returned resource or place based on the starting search address or current location
This app was developed for the VA Project REACH Challenge (http://reachthehomeless.challenge.gov/) by hard working stubborn developers at Qbase, LLC (http://www.qbase.us) - Your data never worked so hard.
Tags: homeless reach, reach on homeless.
-updates to run on Lollipop