Homestyler Interior Design
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
Also in : Interior Design
- Can use actual photos of rooms in your house
- App very good at detecting dimensions
- Objects are real; you can order them if you like the look
- Very difficult controls, hard to place and scale objects accurately
+ By Autodesk Inc.
Design with lighting, furnishing, and upholstery in 3D environments generated from your photos
Sure, that oversize beanbag chair looks great in the IKEA catalog - but is it going to match the drapes? Autodesk Inc.'s Homestyler Interior Design app lets you use your very own photos as customizable 3D environments, meaning you can place and move elements of interior design to your heart's content without spending a dime.
Snap a shot of the room you'd like to decorate, preferably including at least two walls, a floor, and a ceiling. The app will analyze the picture and create a 3D environment based on its perceived dimensions - pretty cool, and impressive. From there, you select from a wide variety of 3D objects to place in the room, ranging from the usual suspects (sofas, mirrors, rugs, etc) to the charmingly offbeat (female zombie, candelabra). You can also paint the walls as you please.
The Design Gallery showcases the best designs that users have put together with the app - it's a good place to get inspired.
The major drawback of this app, however, is that the controls are extremely difficult to manipulate. Perhaps on a tablet it would be markedly better, but on a mobile phone I found it nearly impossible to place objects where I wanted them in the room. This is obviously a huge negative since that's the entire functionality of the app. I would like to try it on a tablet, however, as I can envision that being a much better way to place that jacuzzi tub right where I want it to go.
Autodesk Inc.'s Homestyler Interior Design is, in theory, a useful tool for folks interested in redecoration. Recommended for tablet use only.
Get inspired with stunning interior design projects, tips and trends. Then watch your own home design ideas come to life by experimenting with real products. Take the guesswork out of home remodeling with Autodesk Homestyler.
Snap a picture of a room to create your own 3D home design playground.
• Place high-quality 3D models of real furniture products in your rooms
• Hang light fixtures from your ceiling
• Visualize different product combinations
• See how realistic models of actual branded rugs, paintings, mirrors and more look in your space
Get inspired, get advice, get feedback
• Browse the Design Stream for pics, articles, how-to’s and more
• Share your designs with friends and family through FB and email.
• Comment on and “Heart” designs within the Design Gallery
Connect with a professional
• Browse Portfolio Pages of professional designers in your area
• Find designers who have the style and expertise you need
• Get answers to your specific product and design questions or get help on a bigger project.
•Improved app stability for seamless user experience
•User requested bug fixes
•A wide range of user requested bug fixes
- Clean and fresh new homepage to seamlessly start your Homestyler design experience.
- Easier display and navigation of catalog to find products faster and style your spaces to perfection!
- General bug fixes & optimizations
It's good but, it's can better there four * I don't have better star : D
As others have written, this is great if you'd like drain your battery, design without saving and basically frustrate yourself.
I hate it
I love it it is so cool.!
i love it i have it for my cluster at school and its so enjoyable