KidSafe (gps tracker)
50 - 100 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
The apps main features are....
* Easily locate your child wherever they are using gps satellites
* If gps is not available the app will use gsm (cell tower) triangulation to find the location
* Automatically starts itself when the phone is switched on.
* If stopped from running it will restart itself after a short delay
* If the phone is stolen and the sim card replaced you will receive a text from the new number so you can continue to track where the phone is or give the new number to law enforcement
* No confusing or clunky menus, simply slide your finger left or right across the phone screen to switch between the main or settings pages
* If you want to have your child be home at a particular time, set a curfew alarm and if they are not home by then a loud siren will sound until you cancel it (if you do not cancel it the siren will not stop)
* You can have the phone ring you at any time, useful if phone is stolen or you just want to hear for yourself that your child is ok
* Start or stop a loud siren on demand
* Send commands to the phone from any phone (the sender does not have to be an Android device)
* All features controlled by simple texts
KidSafe works on Android devices with version 1.6 or higher of the Android operating system and a screen size of 320x480 or higher.
It automatically enables the gps function on the phone without your child having to manually switch the gps receiver on.
On some devices running Android version 2.3 or higher the auto gps feature may not work, if this happens the app will ask your child to enable the gps and if they choose not to it will use gsm triangulation to find their location instead. Please note that gsm locations are not as accurate as locations found using gps.
Please be aware your child can see the texts the app sends or receives, but only you or a number you approve can control the app.
Inside each text command you must include the key (not password) you saved when you installed so make that something easy to remember.
Commands can be found by sending ks.help along with your keyword in a text to the phone KidSafe is installed on. The curfew command is the most complicated and is as follows....
ks.startcurfew in Xhours Xminutes (where X is a number). As you can see even this most complicated command is easy to use.
As stated earlier you can use another phone instead of the one you saved details of to send commands.
This permission is temporary and you can revoke it at any time, when you allow an alternative device the saved contact number receives duplicates of every message sent so there is no way for anything to be hidden from you.
Before purchasing we recommend you try the lite version of KidSafe.
It is identical to this full version except for three features which in the lite version are disabled. Trying the lite version will give you a good idea of whether KidSafe is the right app for you.
While the Android market does offer refunds the amount of time it allows a refund for is not really long enough to test if an app you purchased suits your needs.
This is why the lite version of KidSafe was born, other than a few disabled features the apps are identical which means if you like it and you want the extra features you can just purchase this full version.
Gps locating requires a good gps signal. Buildings and even a cloudy day can interfere with your receivers ability to locate you.
If this happens the app will triangulate your position based on the distance to the nearest cell tower. This method is not as accurate as gps and so triangulated, or gsm based, locations are only an approximation of the actual location.
KidSafe does not appear in your apps folder as "KidSafe" it will have the title "system".
Tags: gps phone tracker apps, kidsafe gps tracker, mgps for £1.20.
Recently changed in this version:
You can now copy and paste the gps or gsm texts from KidSafe into the free Waymaker application to get a persons eye view of the location the text was sent from