Not far from Austin and San Antonio and just a short drive from Dallas and Houston – by Texas standards anyhow – the Colorado River has been shaped into a winding chain of lakes in the state's rugged and historic Hill Country.
Striking vistas and spectacular sunsets, outstanding vineyards, golf courses, resort accommodations, hiking, hunting, bird-watching, cycling (with or without a motor) and – of course – miles and miles of water for fishing and boating make the Highland Lakes a great escape. It's a thriving tourist destination, a nationally-ranked place to retire, and an increasingly popular area for the urban-weary to raise families. With fewer than 10,000 residents, its biggest city, Marble Falls, is still really more of a town.
But for an area about the size of Delaware, you need a guide. Here it is!
We'll show you where to find its big national retail stores and its unique specialty shops, its Texas-flavored nightlife and its fun family festivals, its steak and barbecue and its Thai food and sushi. Lake Country Life is the weekly full-cover magazine supplement to the area's largest and most awarded newspapers: The (Marble Falls) Highlander, The Llano County Journal and the Burnet Bulletin. (The Bulletin, by the way, has been reporting on our part of Texas since 1873 – about 65 years before the Highland Lakes were even created.)
This FREE app provides a ready reference for residents and invaluable information for visitors. These are just some of the things it'll help you do:
• Find addresses and map your way from anywhere to shops, restaurants, lodging, galleries, events and other popular sites with a touch to the screen.
• Get money saving coupons and the scoop on local shopping, dining, and other business services and facilities. Just touch to call or view websites for more information.
• Access local real estate agents, the latest property listings, open houses and services.
• Discover all the fun stuff to see and do in our neighborhood.
• See who's playing at local entertainment venues and what special events and festivals are coming up.
• Locate community and medical services, churches, and other resources.
Whether you're here to visit or to live, this app is the perfect complement to Lake Country Life and The Highland Lakes Newspapers.
Download it for FREE and you'll have what you need to make the most of everything the Highland Lakes offers!
Tags: country life guide , gratis country life , fotografia y video en houston estilo country , country life
from 2 reviews