The structure of your brain changes constantly in a dynamic process that you yourself can help to direct. This is the exciting premise of the Meditations to Change Your Brain app, a breakthrough program from neuropsychologist Rick Hanson, PhD, and neurologist Richard Mendius, MD. Drawing on research spanning more than 30 years, Hanson and Mendius show you how to strengthen the neural circuits that generate happiness, love, and inner peace. Discover seven guided meditations to reshape your brain, including:
- “Steadying Your Mind” to tap the full creative power of your attention
- “Taking in the Good” to maintain a positive emotional landscape
- “Antidote to Stress,” a conscious way to activate your body’s relaxation response
- “Healing Painful Experiences” to free yourself from the charge of negative memories
Science has proven what contemplative traditions have taught for centuries: meditation can unlock the doors to balance, peace, and joy. Whether you’re discovering meditation for the first time or deepening an existing practice, the Meditations to Change Your Brain app delivers a full spectrum of techniques to make your brain your greatest ally.
The Meditations to Change Your Brain app features:
- Guided practices and insights to “rebuild” your brain for lasting joy and fulfillment (3 hours, 43 minutes of audio)
- A Good Minute—video selections that offer concentrated wisdom to inspire you anytime
- A relaxing slide show
- An interactive vine garden to enjoy while listening (iPad only)
- Bookmarking to help you easily find your favorite content
About the Authors
Rick Hanson, PhD, is a neuropsychologist, Affiliate of the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley, and founder of the Wellspring Institute for Neuroscience and Contemplative Wisdom. His work has been featured on the BBC and NPR, and he is an invited presenter at universities including Oxford, UC Berkeley, Stanford, and Harvard. With Richard Mendius, MD, Dr. Hanson authored Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom.