RateBeer for Android
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Tops and charts
- Lots of beer missing so far
+ By 2312 development
RateBeer is a community of beer fans
Love beer? This is your app. RateBeer is a community of beer passionates. Thanks to its web and mobile platform, you'll be able to discover new beers from a database made up by users. Likewise, you'll be able to add beers, rate them, set nearby locations where you can buy beer, read users reviews, tops and charts and finally, check out upcoming events beer-related.
You can perform some of this features (view beers details, toplists, upcoming events or local beer-related place and much more. However, we recommend you to create an account from the app or its webpage to fully enjoy all its features (like adding beer availability).
The app is set in a clear and neat layout: an intuitive features grid. Ease of use and usefulness. The app for those who like to drink but also know about what they drink.
- Search beers and get extensive details, with style and ABV information and recent user ratings
- Get beer details by its scanning barcode
- Find where a beer is available and what beers are available at a certain place
- Top 50 beers overall and by country
- Explore beer styles and the best beers in a style
- Rate beers on aroma, appearance, taste, palate and overall
- Full offline rating; upload when a connection is available again
- Search users and view user details, with dates, number of ratings and recent ratings
- Search places or find local beer places (using your current location); and check in to places
- Open in Google Maps or call directly
- Find beer events per country (and state)
- View an event's location, times and who's attendenting
- Quick add to calendar
- RateBeer Premium users can edit their wants and haved and view other users' cellars
- Get RateBeer mail notifications, send mail and view a full message history offline
Moreover, every Android device with 2.1 and up is supported, with an interface tailored for phone (including ICS+) and tablet (Honeycomb+). Stay tuned for even more features!
NOTE: If you encounter loading problems, try signing out (from the menu) and in again. Still problems? Mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
RateBeer for Android is open source software under the GPL v3 license.
- Added Session IPA style
- Fixed loading of style top 50 lists
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
A lot of bugs to work out. Constantly get a message on login saying my network connection is too poor or that RateBeer is offline. Plz fix. Also pleas ad a link for forgot username/password...we are drinkers after all =)
The very first bar I accessed included a miniature map at the bottom, so I know that they have the latitude and longitude of the place, but when I tried to follow the link to Google Maps to get directions the only link was via a text search on the name, which resulted in a totally different bar with a similar name (but in a different country). Very frustrating.
It only allows barcode scanning. When searching for a beer, but rating has to be done manually typing the beer name. Not sure if that changes if you create an account, but I won't give my personal info to find out.
App will not login on 4G or WiFi. Says connection is weak or website is down. Galaxy S5 Re: Currently logged in on mobile site, same issues with login that others have reported.
Doesn't sync with online profile. At least it finds the beer I am drinking. Website isn't much better.
App has many flaws. Mainly search options. I can find places and breweries through web but those same places are not found through app. I choose to use the web site rather than this app. If this is fixed, app will be usable. I search a city where I know there is a brewery or pub and I get no results. If I am in the city and hit places button I get many options but not city search. Example