RateBeer for Android
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Tops and charts
- Lots of beer missing so far
RateBeer is a community of beer fans
Love beer? This is your app. RateBeer is a community of beer passionates. Thanks to its web and mobile platform, you'll be able to discover new beers from a database made up by users. Likewise, you'll be able to add beers, rate them, set nearby locations where you can buy beer, read users reviews, tops and charts and finally, check out upcoming events beer-related.
You can perform some of this features (view beers details, toplists, upcoming events or local beer-related place and much more. However, we recommend you to create an account from the app or its webpage to fully enjoy all its features (like adding beer availability).
The app is set in a clear and neat layout: an intuitive features grid. Ease of use and usefulness. The app for those who like to drink but also know about what they drink.
- Search beers and get extensive details, with style and ABV information and recent user ratings
- Get beer details by its scanning barcode
- Find where a beer is available and what beers are available at a certain place
- Top 50 beers overall and by country
- Explore beer styles and the best beers in a style
- Rate beers on aroma, appearance, taste, palate and overall
- Full offline rating; upload when a connection is available again
- Search users and view user details, with dates, number of ratings and recent ratings
- Search places or find local beer places (using your current location); and check in to places
- Open in Google Maps or call directly
- Find beer events per country (and state)
- View an event's location, times and who's attendenting
- Quick add to calendar
- RateBeer Premium users can edit their wants and haved and view other users' cellars
- Get RateBeer mail notifications, send mail and view a full message history offline
Moreover, every Android device with 2.1 and up is supported, with an interface tailored for phone (including ICS+) and tablet (Honeycomb+). Stay tuned for even more features!
NOTE: If you encounter loading problems, try signing out (from the menu) and in again. Still problems? Mail me at email@example.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
RateBeer for Android is open source software under the GPL v3 license.
- Fixed adding of availability
- Fixed photo uploads
- Minor bug fixes
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Nothing happens when I click on any of the tabs, including "my account." I have to either click on "full site" or enter something in the "search" box in order to gain acces to the app. Even when I enter something into the "search" box, it basically takes
Glitchy, won't scan barcodes anymore and also always says it's offline or has a bad connection regardless of wifi strength or lte use. Garbage app that needs to be fixed.
Half of the time it fails to communicate with ratebeer. Not very reliable
This app would be five stars except it is missing some critical features. I cannot see the list of beers I've ticked. The only beers I see on my profile are ones I've written reviews on, but let's face it I'm not reviewing every beer. Also, I cannot see m
Would like to see more functionality, similar to what can be accessed through ratebeer website. I don't often have time for in depth reviews, so I "tick" as a reminder to what I've had along with opinion of the brew. Would be nice to view ticks from app.
However in my rural area with more bars and liquor stores than grocery stores, the beers rated and shown are very unlikely to be available unless specialty ordered.
I like the professional and detailed way this app tracks my beer and the tools it provides in finding events etc etc. But their search algorithm is a bit clunky.