Take recipe notes quickly and easily. If you like cooking and collecting recipes but find that writing down recipes and organizing their photos take a lot of effort, you are not alone. The app remembers the ingredient names you enter, so that next time they can be autocompleted easily. You can tag recipes and take photos using the built-in camera of your phone.
The app is very simple for now. Over time it will evolve to include more features such as:
- Generate grocery list from recipe
- Publish recipe notes to a personal blog
- Share recipe notes with others
- Autocompletion when entering ingredients and tags: you can enter ingredients and tags fast by typing only a few words and then selecting the right item from a list that pops up. New terms you enter are added to the list so you don’t have to type the full word again.
- Sanitized text input: all text you enter will be automatically formatted “nicely”: capitalized, with unnecessary leading and trailing white-spaces and commas trimmed. These small touches let you be as lazy as possible and not worry about typing
- Automatic daily backups of the recipe notes database, to keep your data safe
- Main menu on recipe list screen with options:
- Backup database (manual backup)
- Restore database (from automatic daily backup or any manual backup)
- Long tap on a list item deletes the item:
- On recipe list screen: delete recipe, with confirmation popup
- On ingredients list: delete ingredient (no confirmation popup)
- On tags list: delete tag (no confirmation popup)
- On photo: delete photo, with confirmation popup
Feel free to tell me about problems and feature requests on GitHub: https://github.com/janosgyerik/recipenotes/issues
This app is still a work in progress, with many more features planned but not implemented yet. If a missing feature is important to you, feel free to drop me a line, and I'll try to make it happen.
Project homepage: https://github.com/janosgyerik/recipenotes
Tags: app to note down recipes
from 3 reviews