The prayers in this app are dated February 22 to April 1, 2012, but the prayer guide is a helpful resource to pray for your community any time of the year. Beyond these dates, there are several ways to jump in:
• Have a prayer randomly selected for you (just tap “Today’s Prayer” and “Pick a Prayer for Me”).
• Use the menu to choose a theme and specific topic or to work your way through the prayers in a way that works for you.
• Use the search tool to look for a prayer with a specific word, phrase, or scripture.
ABOUT THE APP
Seek God for the City helps you pray for others in your community with biblical clarity and with vivid, crisp language. Each of the 40 days gives you ideas to pray for others with confidence and hope. Join many thousands of Christians from different traditions that will be praying these prayers during the forty days to Palm Sunday, February 22 to April 1, 2012.
• Dated February 22 to April 1, 2012 for 40 days of united prayer.
• Can be used beyond the 40 days — any day of the year.
• Prayers of biblical hope based on scriptures from the Old and New Testaments.
• Based on the best-selling prayer guide, Seek God for the City 2012.
• Tapping "Today's Prayer" on the home screen takes you directly to the prayers for that day during the 40 days.
• Set a reminder to help you remember to pray at the time that you choose.
• After the 40 days, you can pray the prayers in any order or have one randomly selected for you.
• Personalize the app by marking your favorite prayers.
The Prayer Guide
• Published in printed form and greatly revised each year, Seek God for the City has gained the trust of leaders from many denominations and traditions.
• A tool that has proven year after year to help ordinary Christians learn how to pray with greater confidence and relevant clarity.
• Practical for any kind of community: large cities or small towns.
Pray your way into something great.
The prayers are designed to help you pray God's promise for people near you who may be far from God.
• Build your confidence to pray with clarity, authority and relevance.
• Join with many other churches in prayers of hope and destiny for your city.
• Connect God's promises with the challenges of your community.
Pray with biblical promise.
Each day helps you focus on a single topic of hope arising from scripture. Each day’s promise builds toward a weekly theme. The daily prayers in this guide begin with a passage from the Old Testament and a prayer which springs from that scripture. Next is a verse or two from the Gospels, going further on the same topic as it arises in the life and words of Christ.
Pray for everyone in town.
Focus on the different kinds of people which comprise any community, such as police, pastors, children, the homeless, sick people and many more.
Prayerwalking ideas: Put feet to your prayers.
A practical idea for almost every kind of person or place in your community. A simple way to take steps toward a prayed-for-city. Pray from your device as you prayerwalk your neighborhood.
Pray for the World.
Another continent each week. Each day lists a few countries so that at the end of forty days, you’ll have mentioned every country. If your device connects to the internet, tapping on the country will take you to the country’s page of the Operation World website for more helpful info and, for many countries, videos that help you pray.
Tags: focus 40 , seek god in the city 2012
from 53 reviews