Getting older involves change, both negative and positive, but you can enjoy ageing if you understand what’s going on with your body and take steps to maintain your health.
7 Key Steps to Healthy Ageing
While maintaining your physical health is important to healthy ageing, it’s also key to value the experience and maturity you gain with advancing years. Practising healthy habits throughout your life is ideal, but it's never too late reap the benefits of taking good care of yourself, even as you get older.
Here are some healthy ageing tips that are good advice at any stage of life:
1) Stay physically active with regular exercise.
2) Stay socially active with friends and family and within your community.
3) Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet — dump the junk food in favour of fibre-rich, low-fat, and low-cholesterol eating.
4) Don't neglect yourself: Regular check-ups with your doctor, dentist, and optometrist are even more important now.
5) Take all medications as directed by your doctor.
6) Limit alcohol consumption and cut out smoking.
7) Get the sleep that your body needs.
8) Finally, taking care of your physical self is vital, but it’s important that you tend to your emotional health as well. Reap the rewards of your long life, and enjoy each and every day. Now is the time to savour good health and happiness.
Download our mobile app to:
- get updated health related news
- use our parking meter reminder
- use our tip calculator when eating out
- use our QR scanner
- send us your photo with information
- post your health comments to our User Wall
- enjoy some music from the past
- keep personal and private notes
.... and much more !