The word ‘Sikh’ is derived from the word sisya meaning disciple or follower. Sikhism is a religion of ten Gurus, the first Guru being Guru Nanak and the tenth and the last being Guru Gobind Singh. The sacred book of Sikhism is Sri Guru Granth also called Adi Granth Sahib. Every Sikh is supposed to keep the following five ‘K’s, which also serve to identify him as a Sikh:
Kesh – uncut hair.
Kanga – comb; used to keep the hair clean.
Kada – metal or steel bangle; for strength and self-restraint.
Kirpan – dagger; for self-defence.
Kaccha – special knee length underwear or under-drawer for agility.
This application provides comprehensive list of around 250+ terms related to Sikh religion and it’s meaning, which will help you to understand the Sikh religion in better way.
- No Internet connectivity required
- Search through our database in alphabetical order
- Search keyword using title and application content
- Add term to your favorite list
- Share the term to your friends and family through email, facebook
- Change the font size for better reading experience
- View history
- Random display of terms
Tags: sikhism , wallpapers of sikhism word , logos of sikhism , the five ks of sikhism , 10 gurus of sikhism wallpapers in order , 5 ks of sikhism , guru nanak books about him , sikhism glossary apk , sikhism fem ks