Stress-Proof Your Brain
10 - 50 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
- How to replace your brain’s unhealthy reactions to stress with protective and self-nurturing responses
- Techniques for releasing feelings of sadness, guilt, anxiety, inadequacy, or anger
- Guided meditations for calming chronic worries, developing gratitude, building inner strength, and more
- How to re-wire your brain away from frustration, heartache, fear, and anger and toward contentment, love, and peace
Discover scientifically sound tools for finding freedom from irritability, worry, and overwhelm—by deepening your neurological capacity for happiness and wellness.
The Stress-Proof Your Brain app features:
- Practices for re-training the brain's instinctive responses to stress (2 hours, 37 minutes of audio)
- “You Can Change Your Brain,” a bonus podcast transcript of an in-depth conversation with Dr. Rick Hanson
- “I Love the Brain,” a bonus video excerpt with Dr. Rick Hanson
- A relaxing slide show
- An interactive vine garden to enjoy while listening (iPad only)
- Bookmarking to help you easily find your favorite content
About the Author
Rick Hanson, PhD, is a neuropsychologist, Affiliate of the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley, and founder of the Wellspring Institute for Neuroscience and Contemplative Wisdom. His work has been featured on the BBC and NPR, and he is an invited presenter at leading universities, including Oxford, UC Berkeley, Stanford, and Harvard. With Richard Mendius, MD, Dr. Hanson authored Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom (foreword by Dan Siegel, MD, and preface by Jack Kornfield, PhD), which is being published in 19 languages.