In every culture, in every age, the wise have observed that in the middle of our years, we encounter a series of great thresholds we must cross in order to fulﬁll the ﬁnal stages of our destiny. We are all born with a great dream for our lives, explains cultural anthropologist Angeles Arrien, a dream which may have been derailed along the way by family and career responsibilities or submerged by our own choices. In the second half of life, after our roots have gone deeply into the world, it is time to resurrect this dream.
With the Second Half of Life app, Dr. Arrien introduces you to the Eight Gates of Initiation and their lessons and gifts. Through images, poetry, and timeless metaphors from diverse world cultures, the Second Half of Life app illustrates how to harvest the meaning and purpose of your life, how to come into spiritual maturity, and more:
- The wisdom of your secret longings
- The three tasks of your life
- The Tollbooth
- Generativity: how to bring your unique gifts into the world
- The story of the swimmer
- Contacting your ancestors for power and wisdom
Follow this gifted storyteller as she takes you step by step through each Gate to deepen your most valuable relationships, reclaim your untended creative talents, and shift your focus from ambition to meaning, growing into the magniﬁcent elder you were meant to become.
The Second Half of Life app features:
- Vital teachings on midlife for creating the legacy of your lifetime (2 hours, 30 minutes of audio)
- A Good Minute—video selections that offer concentrated wisdom to inspire you any time
- A relaxing slide show
- An interactive vine garden to enjoy while listening (iPad only)
- Bookmarking to help you easily find your favorite content
About the Author
Angeles Arrien is a cultural anthropologist and the award-winning author of Signs of Life, The Second Half of Life, and Living in Gratitude. She is president of the Foundation for Cross-Cultural Education and Research and leads workshops internationally about cultural anthropology and transpersonal psychology.