This alarm app is optimized for frequent usage. It was originally created for nap professionals and fresh parents: if you regulary powernap or run some kind of polyphasic sleep schedule (eg. Uberman, Everyman or similar) Ubersleep is the alarm clock of your choice. But even if you just want to set a timer every night, this app will suit your need perfectly.
* minimalistic user interface
* switching between timer (eg. wake up time) and a countdown (preferred for power naps)
* visual five day history of your sleeps to help you maintain your pattern
* automatic silent mode while you are asleep
* bluetooth can automatically be turned of while you are asleep (good for naps in the car, or when if you have a smart watch)
* stop alarm by flipping your phone, tapping or swiping over the screen
* smart snooze: if you do not pick up your device and carry it around after stopping an alarm for at least a minute, the app will restart the alarm sound
* even killing the app won't stop the alarm from coming back while snoozing
* slow fade-in of the alarm sound
* vibrating with increasing intensity
* default alarm ringtone is used for wakeup
Instead of setting the time you want to wake up, you may also set a countdown about how long you plan to sleep. This is essential for powernaps (max 30 minutes) where you want to avoid deep sleep, because it makes you feel groggy afterwards. Also a good nights sleep or shorter "core" sleeps like the Everyman schedule from puredoxyk are better limited in length to give your body a constant sleep rhythm.
Keywords: powernapping, polyphasic, sleep, alarm, wakeup, ring, nap, schedule, uberman, doze, zzz, tired, awake, hours, minutes, change, ringing, 4HB, four hour body, tim ferris
Tags: puredoxyk , uberman , uberman alarm clock , ubersleep , polyphasic sleep , polyphasic sleep schedule