Vivino Wine Scanner Pro
10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Database of more than 1,000,000 wines
- Scanner function works flawlessly
- Wealth of useful information
- Ability to keep tasting notes and rankings
- Wines recommendations based on your taste
+ By Vivino
Discover new wines, remember the ones you love, and share your experiences with friends
Diogenes once said, "What I like to drink most is wine that belongs to others." While this may be true for most of us, there's also great appeal in being able to navigate your own way through a wine list at a restaurant, or at least through the fun aisles of the grocery store. Given the practically infinite variety of bottles, however, how is one supposed to make informed decisions without resorting to the house red? Enter Vivino, which serves at once as the Wikipedia and Facebook of wines.
Use Vivino to take a clear photo of the label on the bottle in front of you, and its scanning mechanism will identify the bottle and pull up a wealth of useful, relevant information from its indices. It's the sort of trick you don't quite believe until you try it for yourself - I haven't been able to stump it yet. Vivino's had a detailed report for every single wine I've scanned, which includes an average rating according to other users, average price point, where I can find this wine for purchase in my area, information about the winery, and serving tips with food. You can even read tasting notes written by other users, offering observations as specific as "grass, white flowers, peach on the nose" and "notes of dried red berries, hints of saddle leather and cigar box."
When you open a wine for tasting, you can mark the time and place on the app, then add your own ranking and tasting notes as you enjoy. These can be shared with the Vivino community at large, or kept to yourself as a private wine journal. Rank enough wines and the app will start to give you recommendations based on your personal taste.
The design is clean, and navigation is intuitive.
Pop the cork on the world of the fermented grape. Vivino is a must-have app for wine lovers looking to keep track of what they've tried.
• Take a photo and get to know any wine in seconds
• Remember wines and explore more of them
• Get personalized wine recommendations
• Share experiences and be inspired by friends
• Find the best rated wines in nearby shops
Vivino simplifies your path to enjoying great wines.
The app helps you remember your favorites, learn more about wine, and which one to choose for next occasion. Snap a photo of any wine, and while you have a sip we automatically recognize it from our database of more than 3 million wines. If the app doesn’t match it immediately, our team will do it for you as quickly as we can.
Discover all you want to know about wines, explore friend’s ratings and get personal recommendations based on your taste, simply browse wines in nearby stores or locate the ones on your Vivino Wish List.
• Snap a photo, recognize and save wines. We manually identify the few wines not immediately recognized.
• Simple and straightforward - find all you want about wines, prices or ratings.
• Add wines to your Wish List to ensure great future experiences - and know where to buy which wines with our Nearby function
• Get personalized recommendations based on your taste
• Connect with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, Gmail or Contacts and be inspired by their wine experiences.
• Browse wines, ratings and reviews from more than 2 million users.
• Like and comment on their ratings.
• Scan offline, we keep your image and resume when you are connected.
• Upload old pictures from your photo album and store on your wine list. Know when to drink, adding a Drinking Window to your wines.
This PRO version also includes:
• PRO: Simple cellar management with My Cellar: Log the wines you own, sort them by price, rating or date and add notes.
• PRO: Get in the Fast Track for manual matching - it really is a fast track.
• PRO: Support Vivino, so we can keep improving the app. Your help is much appreciated.
Vivino is an adventurous wine app, built on unique technology and a growing database of today more than 3 million wines from more than 100,000 wineries around the world. The app simplifies the path to enjoy great wines.
Vivino was founded in 2009 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and today has offices in San Francisco, Ukraine and India.
What’s New 7.2
• Search our more than 3 million wines in no time with improved text search that feeds you suggestions as you type. It’s like Google for wine!
• Get instantly notified when a fellow wine lover has joined Vivino to connect and share your love of wine right away.
• PRO: My Collection is now My Cellar.
The place pa rt was hard to make work
Excellent app for wine lovers! Few things to fix but overall is superb
has stopped working 3/2/2014 ... galaxy s4. (shrug)
I've only recently started to get into wine and this app is really good at helping me to start cataloguing my journey. I still feel there is a lack of ratings and often some really poor wines get great reviews because they have only a handful of reviews.
This is my favorite app to keep track of my wines
I have "My Wines" on the Android app but it's not the same as what I see when I login to My Windows web version of Vivino. *EDIT, uninstalling and reinstalling the app seems to have fixed my syncing issue.
is their a page that I cant find with all the grapes and their descriptions. not just the ones I tag?