Vivino Wine Scanner
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
Also in : Beverages
- Database of more than 1,000,000 wines
- Scanner function works flawlessly
- Wealth of useful information
- Ability to keep tasting notes and rankings
- Wines recommendations based on your taste
+ By Vivino
Discover new wines, remember the ones you love, and share your experiences with friends
Diogenes once said, "What I like to drink most is wine that belongs to others." While this may be true for most of us, there's also great appeal in being able to navigate your own way through a wine list at a restaurant, or at least through the fun aisles of the grocery store. Given the practically infinite variety of bottles, however, how is one supposed to make informed decisions without resorting to the house red? Enter Vivino, which serves at once as the Wikipedia and Facebook of wines.
Use Vivino to take a clear photo of the label on the bottle in front of you, and its scanning mechanism will identify the bottle and pull up a wealth of useful, relevant information from its indices. It's the sort of trick you don't quite believe until you try it for yourself - I haven't been able to stump it yet. Vivino's had a detailed report for every single wine I've scanned, which includes an average rating according to other users, average price point, where I can find this wine for purchase in my area, information about the winery, and serving tips with food. You can even read tasting notes written by other users, offering observations as specific as "grass, white flowers, peach on the nose" and "notes of dried red berries, hints of saddle leather and cigar box."
When you open a wine for tasting, you can mark the time and place on the app, then add your own ranking and tasting notes as you enjoy. These can be shared with the Vivino community at large, or kept to yourself as a private wine journal. Rank enough wines and the app will start to give you recommendations based on your personal taste.
The design is clean, and navigation is intuitive.
Pop the cork on the world of the fermented grape. Vivino is a must-have app for wine lovers looking to keep track of what they've tried.
• Take a photo and get to know any wine in seconds
• Remember wines and explore more of them
• Get personalized wine recommendations
• Share experiences and be inspired by friends
• Find the best rated wines in nearby shops
Vivino simplifies your path to enjoying great wines.
The app helps you remember your favorites, learn more about wine, and which one to choose for next occasion. Snap a photo of any wine, and while you have a sip we automatically recognize it from our database of more than 3 million wines. If the app doesn’t match it immediately, our team will do it for you as quickly as we can.
Discover all you want to know about wines, explore friend’s ratings and get personal recommendations based on your taste, simply browse wines in nearby stores or locate the ones on your Vivino Wish List.
Best of all: It’s free!
• Snap a photo, recognize and save wines. We manually identify the few wines not immediately recognized.
• Simple and straightforward - find all you want about wines, prices and ratings.
• Add wines to your Wish List to ensure great future experiences - and know where to buy wines with our Nearby function
• Get personalized recommendations based on your taste
• Connect with your friends via Facebook, Twitter or Gmail and be inspired by their wine experiences.
• Browse wines, ratings and reviews from more than 4 million users.
• Like and comment on their ratings.
• Scan offline, we keep your image and resume when you are connected.
• Upload old pictures from your photo album and store on your wine list. Know when to drink, adding a Drinking Window to your wines.
Get access to the PRO version through one-time in-app purchase and get more features:
• PRO: Simple cellar management with My Cellar: Log the wines you own, sort them by price, rating or date and add notes.
• PRO: Get in the Fast Track for manual matching - it really is a fast track.
• PRO: Support Vivino, so we can keep improving the app. Your help is much appreciated.
Vivino is an adventurous wine app, built on unique technology and a growing database of today more than 3 million wines from more than 100,000 wineries around the world. The app simplifies the path to enjoy great wines.
Vivino was founded in 2009 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and today has offices in San Francisco, Ukraine and India.
What’s New in 7.7.3
Lots of performance improvements and bug fixes!
Your feedback is golden! Get in touch with us here email@example.com
Very handy for me that need to buy for restuarant.
It works and keeps track of delicious wines I would forget because of too much delicious wine. My family is getting on the app so we can drink together across the country.
It states a wine I scanned is not wine...stupid app...deleted.
I love your app, however I find a lot of duplicates and mistakes for wines in my region. I'm willing to contribute, however I'm not sure how efficient and fast the report feature is. Could you give any details?
Really impressed with this app.good job guys
Seems like a great app. Will have to test it out at a few wine farms.