Good GIS mapping starts with good data. MapItFast from AgTerra Technologies is a free app for Android and Apple users that makes it super easy for anyone to gather spatial data and share it across mobile devices and the web. MapItFast will work offline in even the most remote areas! With a single tap, users gather points, lines, polygons, and geotagged photos based on GPS location or by drawing on a map. Lines and polygons include calculated distance and area respectively; points and geophotos include GPS coordinates. Free basemaps are included for aerial, street and topo reference.
Using this free version of MapItFast you can:
- Work in offline in remote areas without cell coverage
- Use one tap to map points, lines, polygons and photo features; even simultaneously
- Use a long press to draw points, lines, and polygons without a GPS
- Add photos based on GPS location to any map
- Pause and resume line and polygon features mapping
- Capture GPS coordinates for all points and photos
- Instantly calculate length and area
- View current location on a moving map display
- Select the GPS stats window more GPS details
- Use the GPS offset to log to right or left of actual position
- Apply colors and symbology for different lines and polygons
- Use imperial or metric units
- Use an external Bluetooth GPS device for high accuracy
- Access free basemaps for online and offline use
Note, a paid subscription of this product links the MapItFast mobile client with a private and secure online account. This gives you all the above plus the ability to:
- Centralize and securely store data online
- Assign roles and permission based controls to groups and specific users
- View projects, users and shared contributions on a live mapping dashboard
- Edit from your mobile device or from any Internet web browser
- Synchronize projects among all authorized users across multiple devices
- Stack custom map layers on top our your favorite basemap
- Use personalized data dictionaries to speed and standardize attribution
- Upload custom offline basemaps (including MOBAC, CalTopo, ArcGIS, and others)
- Search, copy, count, sort, calculate and move objects among projects
- Add data from other sources including Shapefile (SHP) and KMZ
- Export to all major GIS formats including KMZ, Shapefile (SHP) and GPX
- Use electronic forms to digitize business processes
- Add attributes and create printable PDF reports from customized map driven forms
- Trigger symbology change on a map based on how a form is filled out
- Use the free API to integrate into 3rd party software and geodatabases
MapItFast is used in the agriculture and natural resources industries for field-based activities such as: inspections and surveys; crop scouting; wildfire and disaster response; utility work; wildlife surveys; oil and gas fieldwork; forestry & rangeland monitoring; trail mapping; vegetation management; pesticide application reports; outdoor recreational activities such as hiking, biking, horseback riding, geocaching, and hunting; and asset management.
Additional hardware components and software plugins are available for MapItFast. These plugins enhance MapItFast’s capabilities for asset tracking, equipment monitoring, pesticide record-keeping, BLM invasive species management (NISIMS) and more. Learn more at: www.agterra.com/products.
See how to simplify mapping and easily manage dynamically changing data while improving field workforce efficiency for the entire organization.
- Access info and request a live demo at: www.agterra.com/mapitfastresources
- Product video: https://youtu.be/YH-pUDOWY1k
- Learn even more from AgTerra’s YouTube channel at: https://goo.gl/r1NZ27.
Tags: mapitfast , how to use mapitfast , gps point line polygon