5,000,000 - 10,000,000 downloads
- Reads nearly everything
- Plays files via wifi or LAN.
- Overall, no complains
Play nearly all video and audio formats.
BSPlayer was already one of the most familiar multimedia players for home computer. It was just a matter of time that it landed on our Android devices.
The features are more or less the same as the PC version: it reads flawlessly nearly all existent video formats (specially .avi, .mov and .wmv), it looks for subtitles when available, allows to create your own playlists and even can play files compressed in a .rar file. In addition, if you have a wifi hard drive, you can play files storaged there with no need to copy them to your SDcard first.
Requires Android 2.1 or higher. If you aren't keen to your in-built multimedia player and you feel like you need something better, try BSPlayer Lite out.
- Android 4.4 KitKat compatibility
- multi-core (dual and quad-core) HW decoding support - significantly improves playback speed
- background playback in popup window (long tap on button Back to playback video and audio in popup video)
- hardware accelerated video playback - increases speed and reduces battery consumption*
- Support for almost all media files (video and audio player), such as: avi, divx, flv, mkv, mov, mpg, mts, mp4, m4v, rmvb, wmv, 3gp, mp3, flac... and streaming content such as RTMP, RTSP, MMS (tcp, http), HTTP Live stream, HTTP.
- Multiple audio streams and subtitles.
- Playlist support and various playback modes.
- External and embedded subtitles ssa/ass, srt, sub. txt...
- Find subtitles automatically (mobile data or wi-fi must be enabled to work)
- Playback media files such as videos and mp3's directly via Wi-Fi from your network shared drives/folders (such as external USB drives, Samba (SMB/CIFS) shared drives, PC shared folders, NAS servers (Synology and others)) - no need to convert video files and copy media files to SD card anymore!
- Playback files directly from uncompressed RAR files
- Lock screen to prevent accidental change of videos (children lock)
- support for USB OTG (On-The-Go) for example: Nexus media importer, USB OTG Helper, USB Host Controller... and much more!
This package includes support for ARMv7 with VFP and NEON. For other CPU types please download appropriate package. Application will notify you which package you need.
BSPlayer FREE version is ad-supported video player. BSPlayer full version without advertisements with added functionality is available on Google Play.
NOTE: When reporting error please add info about your smartphone brand and model. Also you can send us more detailed bug report on e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We are trying to improve the player for the users and your feedback is appreciated.
This software uses code of FFmpeg licensed under the LGPLv2.1 and its source can be downloaded from BSPlayer website.
Dedicated forum can be found here: http://forum.bsplayer.com/bsplayer-android/.
*Hardware acceleration support depends on device video decoder capability. Hardware accelerated playback in portrait mode may be corrupted on some HTC models (HD and others - hardware issue). Also on some devices (Samsung galaxy S2) zoom/stretch may not work on all video types.
Translations and corrections of the translations can now be submitted here: http://crowdin.net/project/bsplayer-android!
Don't forget to vote 5 stars if you like it and if you don't - let us know why! :)
Tags: video player, media player, movie player, m2ts player, mts player, avc player, mp3 player, avi player, mkv player, mov player, flv player, subtitle player, free player...
Note: for Android 2.2, reinstall or clear data and it should be ok.
- added playback controls to notification area (4.1+)
- some small bug fixes
- folders weren't properly refreshed when returning from preferences, fixed
- added option to go back to playback screen when playing in background
- fixed 'double play' problem when started from external application and device was rotated
- fixed playback problem with some http streams
- playback speed is now remembered
Now I have to figure our how to move all my previous items to this, and uninstall all other players!
Is this application getting chromecast support soon
While I have no issue with playback and sound, I do have a problem with the subtitles and type settings. The font used in subs are the standard ones and not the original ones used when the videos were made. Also the type settings all appear on the bottom
Played everything I threw at it!
Very good player. Gets the job done
Good back up player to MXPlayer. No complaints.