DubScript Screenplay Writer
50,000 - 100,000 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
VIEW FOUR SCRIPT FORMATS: Fountain 1.x, Final Draft (.fdx), Trelby, and CeltX (.html)
SAVE AS: Fountain, PDF, Final Draft (FDX), and HTML.
Create a script in the fast, free-flowing editor... then type away! DubScript uses Fountain markup, so don't bother manually indenting or waste time identifying what's a character or action or a slug line. Just write. It's all simple plain-text, allowing your creativity to flow.
With a swipe, DubScript auto-formats your text to standard screenplay presentation, which you can save as Final Draft (.fdx), .html, or print to PDF or cloud printer.
Screenplay files are edited on your device in *local* storage. No cloud or Internet connection required. Open scripts from Internet apps like email, Gmail, Drive, DropBox, or other cloud services. And tap the Share button to send the script to yourself or others via Internet apps and cloud services.
It's a way to write quickly and naturally in plain text without dealing with the usual "screenwriting software" formatting stuff that gets in your way. Why is this a big deal? Check out this video from screenwriter John August (unaffiliated with DubScript, BTW) who helped create the Fountain standard: http://goo.gl/9WhkaJ
The Fountain "rules": http://fountain.io/syntax (Hint: just make it look screenplayish, and you should be good!)
TONS OF FEATURES
• Unlimited scripts!
• Fountain screenplays are plain-text, suitable for copy/pasting between apps.
• Convert Final Draft (.FDX) → Fountain → Final Draft (.FDX) or Web Page (.HTML)
• Print Fountain → PDF or → cloud printer (KitKat+)
• Bold/underline/italic, dual-dialog, title page, forced page breaks, page numbering, scene numbering, notes, centered text, lyrics, and more
• Editor: undo/redo, find/replace, spell check, copy/paste, text search, voice-to-text, auto-scene/character suggestion, and a screenplay dictionary.
• Lots of keyboard shortcuts
• Screenplay fonts (such as Courier Prime) at adjustable sizes
• Speech: Reads scripts out loud
• Stats (Fountain)
• Full-screen mode (KitKat+)
• Night reading mode
• Rearrange page buttons
• UTF-8 character & right-to-left support
• Courier Prime font included for CyanogenMod theming
• A “rescue backup” saves to app storage every ~500 characters or so... just in case.
DubScript is committed to offering the best value of any serious writing app. THE FEATURES ABOVE ARE ALL FREE! Also, you have a subscription option to disable ads and remove a small watermark notice on printed output/PDF. Cancel any time. Note: there are NO ads in the view screen regardless, so read scripts uninterrupted.
Tiny phone? Helpful tips for getting the most from your screen size:
• Switch to a compact soft keyboard. Better yet, use a Bluetooth hard keyboard
• Disable the top View/Write slider bar (Settings)
• Disable the bottom control bar (Settings)
• Shrink the edit font to 8 or 10 pt (Settings)
For more info, please visit https://www.dubscript.com
Tags: celtx, celtx apk, dubscript apk, import fdx files in, celtx script apk, dubscript, screenwriter, screenplay, free celtx, final draft reader.
b46: BIG update!
Thanks to the New York Times for the very nice review!