100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Good-looking layout
- User-friendly interface
- Palette and brushes
- Needs more brushes and effects
Markers is a simple and multitouch drawing app for Android
Since Galaxy Note was released, there's a drawing fever on Android: its S pen showed the World that's possible to create master pieces on your mobile device. However, we don't need either a Galaxy Note nor a S Pen to draw in our smartphones or tablets. There are apps that make it real. Markers is one of those apps.
Markers provides you a color palette and different brushes to draw and paint with your fingertips. It's multitouch which means that you can draw using two, three, four (and so on) fingers, up to the limits of your device. What's more, it provided a good-looking and easy-to-use layout: you can paint, draw, switch brushes, undo and clear the screen with a few taps. You can even load pictures and draw over them. Touch the market to hide/show drawing options.
Once your master-piece is done, you can share it by using any of the sharing resources installed in your device. Simplicity and native mobile interface to show off your talent. What else? Highly recommendable.
- Pressure sensitivity that works with most Android devices: As more of your finger or capacitive stylus touches the glass, Markers will draw a thicker line. NOTE: It may take a minute or two of continuous drawing for Markers to adjust to your device’s touch panel, so be patient! (If your device has an active stylus, like the Galaxy Note or HTC Flyer, the true stylus pressure will be used instead.)
- Multitouch painting: Two fingers make two lines, three make three, and so on, up to the limits of your device (typically 5 simultaneous touches for phones and 10 for tablets).
- Kid-friendly interface: Every pen size and color is on-screen; multitouch drawing means accidental touches (such as kid hands on the edges of the display) won't prevent any little fingers from painting.
- Plays well with others: Share your drawings to other apps, and share images into Markers to draw on top of them.
- [New in 1.2] Pan and zoom: By far the #1 most requested Markers feature! Tap the hand tool to switch into zoom mode; use one finger to scroll and two to zoom.
- [New in 1.2] Adjustable brushes: Longpress a brush and drag to adjust the minimum and maximum widths.
- [New in 1.2] Android 4.4 (KitKat) immersive mode: When you tap the Markers icon to hide the palettes, the status and navigation bars hide too; you can use the entire screen to draw. Tap the icon to show everything again.
Questions? Bugs? Ideas? Click “Email Developer” below.
Got a great drawing to share with the world? Share it with +Markers on Google+: http://dsandler.org/markers/+
Markers is open source software; the code is available here: http://dsandler.org/markers
Thanks for all your kind words and support! ♥
- Why is my drawing all black when I save it to Gallery? — The drawing is actually on a transparent background, so you're seeing Gallery's black background through it. When you load it back into Markers or send it to another app, you'll see that the drawing is intact. If you'd prefer an opaque background, longpress on a color swatch in the palette to set the paper color.
- What's up with the pressure sensitivity on my device? — See http://code.google.com/p/markers-for-android/wiki/DeviceSupport for known issues about individual devices.
[1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3]
• Fixes fullscreen mode on Jelly Bean devices.
• Adds support for Google TV.
• Fixes for Eclair, Froyo devices.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Simple App. Clean UI, more importantly its ad-free full version. Thanx Dan:-)
Very Responsive, is like a draw in a paper, excellent app. Thanks
This app has so much potential! The idea is brilliant, and it works like a charm. There's just one huge issue: the marker size. I have absolutely no idea how the sizing works. There's no way of knowing which end you're working on, not to mention the fact
Would be a five but I'm being critical only because I love ur creation here...Would like to see better WOrk flow with tool options and full screen....and why can't I change the opacity of my chisel tip ....Would like to see a slider for opacity instead of
For a free app, this is perfect. Wish there was a quick tutorial or help screen for the keys, but I figured out through trial and error in a few minutes so nbd.
Quick, simple but you can create really nice drawings!
very good and light