It is being developed as part of my master thesis at Ghent University.
Currently, the app supports following aspects of the Media Fragments specification:
- Temporal axis: both npt and smpte, but not the wallclock notation
- Spatial axis: both pixel and percent
- Track and Id axis are NOT supported (yet, but likely won't be)
It is able to play a video when clicking on a video link in a browser.
- Below Android 3, the fragment part of a URI seems to not get passed to this app, when coming from any browser (http://tinyurl.com/6puoced). This results in a playing video from start to end without any Media Fragments applied to it (defaulting for all axis). Tested on Samsung Galaxy Ace (2.3.5) and Samsung Galaxy Tab (3.0).
Tags: media player fragment, using media player within fragments, how to add media player in fragment, player on fragment in, video player fragment, mediaplayer with fragment in, media in fragment andorid, text fragments samsung galaxy ace, media player release fragment, fragment to using music player.
- Added spatial fragment fullscreen tapping
- Cleaned up some colors
- Fixed the temporal fragment seekbar color not showing