It is being developed as part of my master thesis at Ghent University.
Currently, the app supports following aspects of the Media Fragments specification:
- Temporal axis: both npt and smpte, but not the wallclock notation
- Spatial axis: both pixel and percent
- Track and Id axis are NOT supported (yet, but likely won't be)
It is able to play a video when clicking on a video link in a browser.
- Below Android 3, the fragment part of a URI seems to not get passed to this app, when coming from any browser (http://tinyurl.com/6puoced). This results in a playing video from start to end without any Media Fragments applied to it (defaulting for all axis). Tested on Samsung Galaxy Ace (2.3.5) and Samsung Galaxy Tab (3.0).
Tags: how to add media player in fragment, media player fragment, using media player within fragments, mediaplayer fragment, player on fragment in, videoplayer fragment, mediaplayer with fragment in, mediaplayer within a fragment, implementing video player, fragment player.
- Added spatial fragment fullscreen tapping
- Cleaned up some colors
- Fixed the temporal fragment seekbar color not showing