MyPOD V2 podcast manager
5,000 - 10,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Sentinel Web Technologies
MyPOD is a media browser - it finds media in Podcasts and Blogs and makes it all available for you to play. MyPOD aims to fill in the gaps by combing powerful feed and web-browsing capabilities, cross-device management and syncing we want to be the best free podcasting app on the market - so let us know how we are doing !!!
* Auto-update and download w. many tunings. Easily stream or download anything.
* Great UI with Side-drawer nav, refine/sort, overflow and bulk operations everywhere.
* Manage all you podcasts on your desktop using the web interface. Sync you feeds across all your devices.
* Great Explore & Discover section with Recommended, iTunes search, YouTube channels, all the top networks scanned regularly.
* Player with history, configurable skip buttons, playlist integrated, show notes.
* Dual player for spicing up that monotonic voice podcast (just play you fave music in the background).
* Web player for normal web pages. Easily manage what you play from the web.
* Use the Android share functionality to share webpages & feeds with MyPOD
* Play Youtube, Vimeo, ... videos in the background without the need to keep the screen on.
* Choose save location globally or per podcast - useful if you listen off the SD card (e.g. in car)
* Works great on tablets (Some more refinements are coming in Beta).
* Lots of import functions and options (OPML, text, sharing).
* Automatic space management (chose amount of space to use).
* Username/password (401) support for paid feeds.
* Auto sorts new/download/listened episodes.
* Smart Playlists, build your own channels. Drag re-order.
* Android widget & notification integration.
* Supports YouTube Feeds, RSS, ATOM.
* Crispy clear vector icons throughout.
The UI has been built to handle a lot of feeds - just star your fave podcasts and it auto updates and downloads new episodes for you. Powerful features like filtering, multi-select, drag-and-drop re-ordering, flyin navigation and swipe-to-dismiss, make organisation a breeze. Our introduction and intro help screens will have you up and running in a jiffy. Powerful playlists help sort your content into your own channels so you can just stick them on and go. Just some of the many features MyPOD brings you ...
Podcasting has lots great content & diversity, and we want to bring it to you, we have put together curated lists in all the main genres of podcasting, and also a few other specialist areas. Curated network lists have everything from the most popular podcasters on the planet. MyPOD also has an open catalogue, also iTunes podcast and YouTube channel search.
android.permission.INTERNET : Basic internet usage (download feeds & files)
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE : Determine if network is available
android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE : Determine if wifi is available
android.permission.BATTERY_STATS : Determine if power is connected
android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE : Determine is a call is received so player can be paused automatically during a phone call. Also for generating/checking unlock key info (IMEI number)
android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED : Start services when phone starts
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE : Write to SD Card (for podcast file storage)
android.permission.WAKE_LOCK : To keep the internet connection alive while downloading.
android.permission.BLUETOOTH : for bluetooth
If you don't like it - don't use it, there are other podcatchers available on android market such as Beyond Pod, DoggCatcher, PodTrapper, Listen, Hapi Podcast, pocketcasts, pocket cast, one cast, IPP podcast player, rat poison, upod etc. MyPOD is a power user app.
podcsat, pdocast,pidcast, poscast, podcats
2.2.34: bugfixes for multi-download
2.2.32: multi downloads, bugfixes galore, trash messages fixed
2.2.30: bugfixes and more playlist improvements
2.2.28: playlist streamlining and backup fixes
2.2.26: bugfix and new build system.
2.2.22(m) : changed the icon colour
- episode overflow menu refinements
playlist overflow menu, custom launcher, news feed, bugfix...
2.2.18: emergency bugfix.
- lock screen widget