5,000 - 10,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Hudhob Software
Important: MythTV 0.25 is required, as it uses the new Services API.
* Easy to configure, can auto discover mythtv backend.
* Can configure multiple backends (e.g. to access via ssh tunnel).
* Recordings are shown in a list, grouped by name and recording group.
* Recording details and preview are shown when a recording is selected.
* Multiple transcoding profiles (Low, Medium & High quality).
1) An external video player is currently required to play the transcoded video streams. I currently recommend vplayer or diceplayer from the Play store. The player that I used to recommend (bsplayer) no longer works.
See my blog for some in-depth testing on video players:
Big thanks to those who've contacted me and helped out with testing and debugging! I'd appreciate it if anyone who has problems contacts me, before giving the app a 1 star rating. It's impossible for me to test every combination of phone/Android version/MythTV setup.
* Fixed crash due to running out of memory with large lists of recordings
* Improved support for IPv6
* Improved error messages to give more details on why backend connections have failed
* Fixed a crash when backend doesn't respond as expected
* Added more details in error messages (backend name, ip and port)
* Tidied up backend preferences screen, so you can't enter multi-line name/ip addresses any more
Note: Most of the errors I see reported now are errors connecting to the backend. Hopefully the changes above will help people to diagnose what's wrong.
* A few bug fixes for Android 2.2 and 4
* Backend discovery should now be more reliable
* Added extra wifi permission for backend discovery on Android 4
* No longer compatible with Android 1.5 for a number of reasons
* Added option to keep or delete transcoded stream after viewing (it can be useful to keep the stream if you're going to continue watching the recording later).
* Added automatic backend discovery. Just use the "Find" button in the Backend Preferences screen
* Added input checking to backend preferences. Some people had added spaces etc. to the IP address which stopped it connecting to the backend.
* Other minor bug fixes.
Tags: mythtv, mythfrontend 0.25, mythtv cant rewind, mythtv service discovery, mythfrontend, mythtv go, mythtv 0.25, mythtv droid media player, mythtv stream, mythfrontend profile.
* New preferences options to control how much of the stream is created on the backend, and how long to wait before the player is launched. This should help with lower powered backends that are taking longer to create the stream
* Added progress bars with status information when communicating with backend to help track down any further issues
* Preferences menu now available on every screen, to make it easier to test different settings
* Can now play recordings with spaces in the filename