Plex for Android
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- User-friendly interface
- Different Plex sections
- Share libraries with other Plex users
- Watch queued videos
- Built-in media player
- Didn't find any. Did you?
Plex for Android is a media player that enables users to organize and watch their media content wherever they are
In a few words, PLEX is media player system associated to a media server for organizing and streaming any media content on any device with a Plex app installed. For example, you can stream your favorite series, movies, photos (whatever media) from a Plex media server installed on your PC to your TV/Tablet/Smartphone Plex client app.
In addition, there are some media content channels that can be installed on your Plex app for a faster access. Thus, channels such as CNET, Youtube, Vimeo and many other can be installed on your Plex app and watch their content from any device. Actually, you can even download browser Plex plugins for queuing videos from any supported media content provider.
Plex for Android app has different sections: recently added, on deck, queue, recommended, channels and shared libraries. The latter is exactly what it sounds like: you can share your library with other Plex users and gain access to theirs and, obviously, add those Plex friends.
I can just recommend you to give it a chance. Plex (and other media player system like XBMC) are changing the way we watch and share media content online. Must-have app.
Note: If you’ve already purchased the app or have a Plex Pass, you do NOT need to purchase again! We attempt to detect your previous purchase automatically. If this fails, please select "Already Paid?" on the activation screen and follow the instructions to restore your purchase.
• Unlimited casting of photos and videos from the Camera Roll on your phone or tablet to Plex apps on Roku, Chromecast, Android TV, Fire TV, and Plex Home Theater (coming soon to Xbox One, Playstation, and other apps).
• Unlimited casting of any media on your Plex Media Server (free download available at https://plex.tv/downloads) to other Plex Apps.
• Remote control your big screen Plex Apps.
• LIMITATION: Playing media from your Plex Media Server on the device running this app is limited (one minute for music and video, watermark on photos) until the app is unlocked.
• Unlock unlimited streaming to your phone or tablet with a Plex Pass subscription that includes many other premium features (available at https://plex.tv/plexpass) -OR- a small one-time in-app purchase.
Here’s a small taste of more things that Plex does to make your media experience awesome:
• Plex makes your media beautiful with artwork, rich metadata, and related content.
• Plex automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device.
• Easily share your media with friends and family.
• Plex Pass feature: Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing.
• Plex Pass feature: Sync media to your favorite cloud provider including Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box, so you can stream media even when your server is offline.
• Plex Pass feature: Online Trailers and Extras for the movies in your collection!
• Mark online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube to be able to 'Watch Later' on all of your Plex apps.
Getting up and running is easy, install the FREE Plex Media Server now (https://plex.tv/downloads)!
NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE AT https://plex.tv/downloads) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.11.1 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content, ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported.
- Fix crash when terminating AirPlay session and server is not available
- Correctly show playback notification after connecting to a Chromecast that is already playing
- Fix issue where server selector would sometimes ignore clicks
- [Android TV] Ensure that video player is paused correctly if device display is detected to be turned off
- Fix crash stopping video player if no transcode server is available.
Have a Plex Server running on an older laptop running Peppermint Linux (Windows 7/8.1 was far too bloated to run Plex smoothly). Activated Plex on my Nexus 5 and Casting to my Chromecast without a hitch for over a year now! I've tried XBMC/Kodi, but wasn't overly impressed with ease of use. XBMC/Kodi has more features, but Plex is much easier to setup and get running. Official Chromecast support a
The recent redesign makes this indispensable app even more so
With new update i can not watch on my phone or tablet please fix
Does the job
Totally changed my media consumption, use it every day. Only comment, can't the next episode be automatically ready to play from on Deck rather than having to either go back and select the next episode or go home and refresh to see it in on deck?