Plex for Android
500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- User-friendly interface
- Different Plex sections
- Share libraries with other Plex users
- Watch queued videos
- Built-in media player
- Didn't find any. Did you?
Plex for Android is a media player that enables users to organize and watch their media content wherever they are
In a few words, PLEX is media player system associated to a media server for organizing and streaming any media content on any device with a Plex app installed. For example, you can stream your favorite series, movies, photos (whatever media) from a Plex media server installed on your PC to your TV/Tablet/Smartphone Plex client app.
In addition, there are some media content channels that can be installed on your Plex app for a faster access. Thus, channels such as CNET, Youtube, Vimeo and many other can be installed on your Plex app and watch their content from any device. Actually, you can even download browser Plex plugins for queuing videos from any supported media content provider.
Plex for Android app has different sections: recently added, on deck, queue, recommended, channels and shared libraries. The latter is exactly what it sounds like: you can share your library with other Plex users and gain access to theirs and, obviously, add those Plex friends.
I can just recommend you to give it a chance. Plex (and other media player system like XBMC) are changing the way we watch and share media content online. Must-have app.
Note: If you’ve already purchased the app or have a Plex Pass, you do NOT need to purchase again! We attempt to detect your previous purchase automatically. If this fails, please select "Already Paid?" on the activation screen and follow the instructions to restore your purchase.
• Unlimited casting of photos and videos from the Camera Roll on your phone or tablet to Plex apps on Roku, Chromecast, Android TV, Fire TV, and Plex Home Theater (coming soon to Xbox One, Playstation, and other apps).
• Unlimited casting of any media on your Plex Media Server (free download available at https://plex.tv/downloads) to other Plex Apps.
• Remote control your big screen Plex Apps.
• LIMITATION: Playing media from your Plex Media Server on the device running this app is limited (one minute for music and video, watermark on photos) until the app is unlocked.
• Unlock unlimited streaming to your phone or tablet with a Plex Pass subscription that includes many other premium features (available at https://plex.tv/plexpass) -OR- a small one-time in-app purchase.
Here’s a small taste of more things that Plex does to make your media experience awesome:
• Plex makes your media beautiful with artwork, rich metadata, and related content.
• Plex automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device.
• Easily share your media with friends and family.
• Plex Pass feature: Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing.
• Plex Pass feature: Sync media to your favorite cloud provider including Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box, so you can stream media even when your server is offline.
• Plex Pass feature: Online Trailers and Extras for the movies in your collection!
• Mark online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube to be able to 'Watch Later' on all of your Plex apps.
Getting up and running is easy, install the FREE Plex Media Server now (https://plex.tv/downloads)!
NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE AT https://plex.tv/downloads) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.11.1 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content, ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported.
- Migrate to single-app model with in-app purchases to access unlimited playback.
- Browse and cast your local camera roll content to any remote player.
- Update user interface to use more modern Android styles.
- [ATV] Now supports movie extras.
- Fix crash when entering Settings on Honeycomb devices (e.g. Google TV).
- Automatically log the user out when device token is revoked.
- And more, see complete list here: http://goo.gl/4lsz5m
I use it if I want to watch TV shows,movies that are in my PC, works fine with my Mobile Tablet, and Nexus player(Lollipop
Syncing is slower than downloading and is very awkward for music. The cover art is probably twice the size it needs to be and the filters are inclusive rather than exclusive. Otherwise it is a beautiful way to watch my media.
Easy to set up, love the way it brings up the DVD cover and movie description. I use it to watch movies from computer to tablet to TV with a HDMI cord
Chromecast issue: filter away non chromecast devices like YouTube and other apps does!
I have about 5 TB of TV shows and it's always a pain to play them through my home network just by sharing the folder and hoping the Xbox or Blu Ray player picks up on it today. I switched to plex and haven't had a problem with the streaming whether I am on my network or 200 miles away. The only problem I've had is with filenaming. Sometimes I have to delete the entire series and restart plex for i
Great app, love it. Cover art and design of the app is great. One or 2 too many clicks to actually start playing a video. Playback of synced content still crashes regularly.