Plex for Android
500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- User-friendly interface
- Different Plex sections
- Share libraries with other Plex users
- Watch queued videos
- Built-in media player
- Didn't find any. Did you?
Plex for Android is a media player that enables users to organize and watch their media content wherever they are
In a few words, PLEX is media player system associated to a media server for organizing and streaming any media content on any device with a Plex app installed. For example, you can stream your favorite series, movies, photos (whatever media) from a Plex media server installed on your PC to your TV/Tablet/Smartphone Plex client app.
In addition, there are some media content channels that can be installed on your Plex app for a faster access. Thus, channels such as CNET, Youtube, Vimeo and many other can be installed on your Plex app and watch their content from any device. Actually, you can even download browser Plex plugins for queuing videos from any supported media content provider.
Plex for Android app has different sections: recently added, on deck, queue, recommended, channels and shared libraries. The latter is exactly what it sounds like: you can share your library with other Plex users and gain access to theirs and, obviously, add those Plex friends.
I can just recommend you to give it a chance. Plex (and other media player system like XBMC) are changing the way we watch and share media content online. Must-have app.
- Plex makes your media beautiful with rich descriptions, artwork, and other metadata.
- Plex automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device.
- Easily share your media with friends and family.
- Browse, fling and control your media on any Plex-enabled device, including the Google Chromecast
- Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing (Plex Pass)
- Sync media to your favorite cloud provider including Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box, so you can stream media even when your server is offline (Plex Pass)
- Access a wide range of online channels such as TED, Revision3, and TWiT.
- Queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and watch them later on any device.
With Plex, your media universe is constantly expanding. Getting up and running is easy, so start now!
★★★ NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE AT https://plex.tv/downloads) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.8.14 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content, ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported. ★★★
- Added new "Extras" section to movie preplay screen
- Settings reorganization
- Improve experience for shared users who are part of a Plex Home
- Improved texts
- Show play queue actions when connected to a chromecast
- Experimental Player: improved reliability when direct playing media
- Fix crash connecting to a Chromecast that was already playing something
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Meta data is impressive but app is very unstable and lacks basic media player functionality.
I love that all my movies are stored in one location and I can access them on my phone, computer, tablet, and when I'm away from home.
Streams all my media from my computer to my TV using chromecast. Great UI, speed, and integration with chromecast. I can have a video up and running on my TV in 10 seconds.
Drops constantly. Doesnt play any audio types on any of my devices.. Works on computer only
This app is not working and there is no number for support