Plex for Android
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- User-friendly interface
- Different Plex sections
- Share libraries with other Plex users
- Watch queued videos
- Built-in media player
- Didn't find any. Did you?
Plex for Android is a media player that enables users to organize and watch their media content wherever they are
In a few words, PLEX is media player system associated to a media server for organizing and streaming any media content on any device with a Plex app installed. For example, you can stream your favorite series, movies, photos (whatever media) from a Plex media server installed on your PC to your TV/Tablet/Smartphone Plex client app.
In addition, there are some media content channels that can be installed on your Plex app for a faster access. Thus, channels such as CNET, Youtube, Vimeo and many other can be installed on your Plex app and watch their content from any device. Actually, you can even download browser Plex plugins for queuing videos from any supported media content provider.
Plex for Android app has different sections: recently added, on deck, queue, recommended, channels and shared libraries. The latter is exactly what it sounds like: you can share your library with other Plex users and gain access to theirs and, obviously, add those Plex friends.
I can just recommend you to give it a chance. Plex (and other media player system like XBMC) are changing the way we watch and share media content online. Must-have app.
- Plex makes your media beautiful with rich descriptions, artwork, and other metadata.
- Plex automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device.
- Easily share your media with friends and family.
- Browse, fling and control your media on any Plex-enabled device, including the Google Chromecast
- Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing (Plex Pass)
- Sync media to your favorite cloud provider including Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box, so you can stream media even when your server is offline (Plex Pass)
- Access a wide range of online channels such as TED, Revision3, and TWiT.
- Queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and watch them later on any device.
With Plex, your media universe is constantly expanding. Getting up and running is easy, so start now!
★★★ NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE AT https://plex.tv/downloads) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.8.14 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content (such as video from the iTunes store), ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported. ★★★
- Android TV
- Improved CC stability
- New video player (solves Android 4.4.3+ issues). More info: http://goo.gl/N7nZkr
- New permissions required for Android TV
- Resolve issue when Chromecast videos could restart
- If you did a fresh install of our 3.4.7 version, there was an issue that could prevent Plex Sync from working. Please uninstall and then install the new version to resolve it. Existing users who simply updated to 3.4.7 are not affected.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Hardly plays anything on my Nexus 5. Keep getting the message "Media Player Error! Resetting". Looked up a fix but no dice. Just forums with other people experiencing the same issue going back more than a year.
Excellent, works flawlessly as expected.
Being able to watch my videos from anywhere? Priceless
Works great. Love Chromecast support.
Stunning program. Would love to have a scrollbar on the right hand side when using tv mode
For some reason I can't connect to my Chromecasts now
This program rocks!! I always wanted to setup my movies and tv shows like Netflix over dlna. This does it better! From the GUI to the theme songs when viewing tv shows. With that being said, the con with this (it is a BIG con). I paid for the use of the app on my phone, but the company wants me to pay for the app on EACH MOBILE DEVICE!!! Unacceptable.