Plex for Android
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- User-friendly interface
- Different Plex sections
- Share libraries with other Plex users
- Watch queued videos
- Built-in media player
- Didn't find any. Did you?
+ By Plex, Inc.
Plex for Android is a media player that enables users to organize and watch their media content wherever they are
In a few words, PLEX is media player system associated to a media server for organizing and streaming any media content on any device with a Plex app installed. For example, you can stream your favorite series, movies, photos (whatever media) from a Plex media server installed on your PC to your TV/Tablet/Smartphone Plex client app.
In addition, there are some media content channels that can be installed on your Plex app for a faster access. Thus, channels such as CNET, Youtube, Vimeo and many other can be installed on your Plex app and watch their content from any device. Actually, you can even download browser Plex plugins for queuing videos from any supported media content provider.
Plex for Android app has different sections: recently added, on deck, queue, recommended, channels and shared libraries. The latter is exactly what it sounds like: you can share your library with other Plex users and gain access to theirs and, obviously, add those Plex friends.
I can just recommend you to give it a chance. Plex (and other media player system like XBMC) are changing the way we watch and share media content online. Must-have app.
- Plex makes your media beautiful with rich descriptions, artwork, and other metadata.
- Plex automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device.
- Easily share your media with friends and family.
- Browse, fling and control your media on any Plex-enabled device, including the Google Chromecast
- Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing (Plex Pass)
- Sync media to your favorite cloud provider including Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box, so you can stream media even when your server is offline (Plex Pass)
- Access a wide range of online channels such as TED, Revision3, and TWiT.
- Queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and watch them later on any device.
With Plex, your media universe is constantly expanding. Getting up and running is easy, so start now!
★★★ NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE AT https://plex.tv/downloads) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.8.14 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content (such as video from the iTunes store), ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported. ★★★
- Camera Upload (Plex Pass Required): Automatically upload your mobile's photos to your Plex Media Server
- Fix bug that caused all sync content to be deleted for some users.
- Do a better job of finding photos to upload in phones with KitKat and an external SD card.
- Lots more fixes, read about them here: https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/60585-plex-for-android/page-3#entry650119
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
I have used plex for years on my Roku, and now I am able to stream media from three computers to my phone and tablet. I haven't had any issues so far and have been using the app for over a month.
A little challenging to set up the server side, but this app is easy to use and has a slick interface. Love the Chromecast support.
So happy with this app. Able to view all of my media no matter where I am
Movies music pictures. ..I stream them all!
It would be even better if you could select what page to open on. So instead of on deck (which I don't use) it could open on library.
So freaking easy
Does what it's meant to