Plex for Android
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- User-friendly interface
- Different Plex sections
- Share libraries with other Plex users
- Watch queued videos
- Built-in media player
- Didn't find any. Did you?
Plex for Android is a media player that enables users to organize and watch their media content wherever they are
In a few words, PLEX is media player system associated to a media server for organizing and streaming any media content on any device with a Plex app installed. For example, you can stream your favorite series, movies, photos (whatever media) from a Plex media server installed on your PC to your TV/Tablet/Smartphone Plex client app.
In addition, there are some media content channels that can be installed on your Plex app for a faster access. Thus, channels such as CNET, Youtube, Vimeo and many other can be installed on your Plex app and watch their content from any device. Actually, you can even download browser Plex plugins for queuing videos from any supported media content provider.
Plex for Android app has different sections: recently added, on deck, queue, recommended, channels and shared libraries. The latter is exactly what it sounds like: you can share your library with other Plex users and gain access to theirs and, obviously, add those Plex friends.
I can just recommend you to give it a chance. Plex (and other media player system like XBMC) are changing the way we watch and share media content online. Must-have app.
- Plex makes your media beautiful with rich descriptions, artwork, and other metadata.
- Plex automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device.
- Easily share your media with friends and family.
- Browse, fling and control your media on any Plex-enabled device, including the Google Chromecast
- Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing (Plex Pass)
- Sync media to your favorite cloud provider including Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box, so you can stream media even when your server is offline (Plex Pass)
- Access a wide range of online channels such as TED, Revision3, and TWiT.
- Queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and watch them later on any device.
With Plex, your media universe is constantly expanding. Getting up and running is easy, so start now!
★★★ NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE AT https://plex.tv/downloads) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.8.14 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content, ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported. ★★★
- More intuitive behavior for the “home” button in the mobile audio player
- Use a single action for mark as watched/unwatched
- Renamed “download” to “sync” and “sync” to “sync now” in menus
- Renamed “queue” to “watch later” in menus
- Various small UI enhancements
- Fix playback resuming on experimental player
- Fix crash when video playback tried to start after user had closed the video player
- Many more, see http://goo.gl/IhIXeF
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Plex really needs to add the option to be able to view file names in list view. For long filenames you can't even read the full filename. You can only see the first 14 characters. Covers are fine for movies but not my home videos/photos. I also can't "cast" to my media players with this app, so I use BubbleUPnP. These are big reasons I use BubbleUPnP over Plex.
Plex gives on demand simplicity to all of our kids DVDs. Its become a tool of daily use whose functionality I can rely on. Love it!
Awesome idea that works. Just make sure to have an adequate CPU in the server!
Phenomenal application. Removed one star for skipping, lack of resume function on Note 3.
Crap! I just bought it. Then it went on sale -.-
please add this to the app like the website has. thank you for adding random play.