10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Ease of use
- Good-looking layout
- Management options
- Multimedia supported
- There aren't too many customizing options
- We're missing sharing features
RealPlayer Beta is the Android version of the well-known desktop media player
After reaching great success for years on its desktop version, RealNetworks, Inc. launches its Android version with same expectations. Bear in mind though that this is a beta version and that they're working on improving any bug.
RealPlayer is a multimedia player: you can play music, videos and photos from the same app. The most notable feature is its good-looking and easy of use layout. It's divided in three large tabs: music (with 4 sub-tabs: artists, albums, genres, songs), playlist (supports all media files) and photos. It's well-organized and allows you fast access to your data.
What's more, you can manage your media files by sorting them or by organizing them with the playlist editor. It contains different size screen widgets that will let you manage your playlist from the desktop.
It isn't the most complete media player regarding customization (brightness, sound, etc). However, it has the basic features set in a good-looking and simple layout, for all audiences.
We're going to follow very closely its development to the stable version. But anyway, it's a simple and reliable choice so far if you're looking for a simple and good-looking media player.
RealPlayer Features – available with the free RealPlayer app
• Online video search, that searches YouTube, Bing and other sites.
• Voice commands for search
• Videos, Music and photos all in one place
• Available in 9 languages
• Auto bookmarking of videos
• Optimized graphics for high-res devices
• lastFM scrobbling
• Control playback when phone is locked
• Sharing on popular social media sites
• Move application to SD card
• Set your favorite song as a ringtone
• Headphones controls
• Home screen widgets to control media
• Access any file format your device supports
Additional Features – available through an in-app upgrade
• Graphic equalizer with ability to save custom settings
• Metadata discovery using the Gracenote database
• Manual metadata editing
• Cross fading for a seamless music experience
• RealAudio and RealVideo (rmvb) support
• No advertisements
• Online video search.
• Graphic equalizer with ability to save custom settings*
• Music identification with metadata and cover art from Gracenote database*
• Metadata editing*
• Music crossfading with settings*
• RealAudio and RealVideo (rmvb) support*
• Available in nine languages
• last.fm scrobbling
• No advertisements*
*These features are available through an in-app upgrade.
Not cool at all
Use it almost daily. I wish it were just a little more intuitive.
Cannot see any way to edit my vids. No option comes up when I go to my videos, nothing comes up when I search editing or in the help. About to give up on what I thought was the perfect solution to video sharing. Now I find it spears can only trim videos o
U may also like this app.