1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Attractive, intuitive, unintrusive design
- Simple two-finger navigation
- Only 15 brushes
+ By Autodesk Inc.
Download SketchBook Express
Basic selection of drawing and painting tools for both dabblers and serious hobbyists
SketchBook Mobile and Express are part of the Autodesk family of drawing apps. They offer a basic selection of sketching tools, including layers, all of which are packaged through a super intuitive interface.
Fill your blank canvas by selecting the tools from the toolbar above. You've got access to a color wheel (RGB HSV), text entry, geometric shapes, and a palette of 15 brushes. Navigating the page is simple - two fingers can slide the page around or zoom in/out. Mirroring tools let you create symmetric designs, and a central floating puck allows you to quickly adjust the width and transparency of your brush.
The major downside of this app compared to the more professional version is the limited number of brushes. For beginners, though, it's going to be plenty to start with.
It's recommended that you use a tablet and a stylus to get the most out of this kind of drawing app. That said, I created a pretty sweet fingerpainted dinosaur while testing SketchBook Express, so...
Use it to digitally capture your ideas as napkin sketches or produce artwork on-the-go. With the same paint engine as the renowned SketchBook Pro software, SketchBook Express delivers sophisticated brushes and pencils.
✓ Full Screen work space with support for any device orientation (portrait orientation for smaller screen sizes)
✓ Multi-touch navigation with a 2500% zoom
✓ Up to 3 layers you can merge and toggle visibility
• Opacity control on each layer
✓ Import layer from the Gallery on your device or Camera
✓ Save to the Gallery on your device
✓ 15 Preset Brushes, including Flood fill tool
• Synthetic pressure sensitivity (brush fade-off)
• Smooth brush stroking
✓ Add text to current layer
✓ 4 Different draw styles
✓ Free Transform Tool for current layer
✓ Dynamic symmetric drawing
✓ Color Wheel
✓ Share your art directly from inside SketchBook to deviantART, the largest online social network for artists and art enthusiasts
✓ Browse the Autodesk-SketchBook group on deviantART from the in-app Gallery
SketchBook Express Videos
✓ Intel Support
✓ Bug Fixes
✓ Support android devices with smaller screen size (4" and above)
✓ deviantART integration
✓ Added 36 Copic Colors
✓ New icon
✓ Fixed the export bug on Android 4.4
✓ Bug Fixes
- - Know what access (wifi, 3G…) you have at every moment.
- - Send and receive internet info.
- - Mount and unmount file systems for removable storage.
- - android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
- - Write whatever to your SD card.
Displaying 3 of 0 - show all
- UpdatedNew version 2.9.2 released on 07/13/14.
- UpdatedNew version 2.9.1 released on 03/26/14.
- ChangesName changed from SketchBook Express for Tablets to SketchBook Express on 03/11/14.
- UpdatedNew version 2.9.0 released on 02/11/14.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 1000000 downloads level reached on 01/12/14.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 500000 downloads level reached on 02/05/13.
- ChangesName changed from SketchBook Express to SketchBook Express for Tablets on 11/20/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.1 released on 01/20/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 100000 downloads level reached on 12/13/11.
- UpdatedNew version 2.0 released on 11/24/11.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 50000-250000 downloads level reached on 08/16/11.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 10000-50000 downloads level reached on 07/27/11.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 500-1000 downloads level reached on 07/20/11.
- NewFirst appearance on 07/19/11.
Displaying 4 of 14 - show all
Ok so I'm on the galaxy S5 and I am really digging this app, the only problem is there's no screen rotation, which wouldnt be bad, except that when I try to bring up the menu for layers it cuts half of the options box off making the layers feature entirely un usable. I really want to give you give stars but where this crucial point is missing I can't do it honestly. Please fix this so I can fully
Hands down best sketching app available!. I had to see some tutorial videos for it, but once you get the hang of it. It's so powerful and awesome to use.
Don't even waste your time; sketches are limited to a max of 1280×752 resolution, even on powerful devices. There is no option to change this, although Autodesk has been claiming this feature was "just around the corner" for years. I am normally a fan of Autodesk products, but this one is just not usable for serious artists. It has a distinct crayon-like feel with any of the brushes. Opacity is hi
Good except that I cannot save my drawings
Where the heck I is the "undo" button in this app? Plus all the buttons are too small for my Galaxy S5.