5,000,000 - 10,000,000 downloads
- Ease of use
- Save video after broadcasting
- Sharing options
- Video quality could be improved
- Delay (just a seconds)
Ustream allows you to watch steraming channels and broadcast your own live videos
TV channels aren't a privilege of a few no more: Ustream is a web service that allows you to watch and create channels to broadcast video content. Although since the beginning it was a great business project, since the spreading of smartphones all around the World, it has taken a new direction: its Android app allows you to watch and (even more important) broadcast live videos from your smartphone over 3G/4G and WiFi.
First off, you have to sign up of Ustream.com. You can do it from the website or from the app. After that, you can use the search bar to find specific channels, search them by categories, featured or among your favorites. You can also find upcoming, recent or lives events. What's more, you will be able to start boradcasting from "Go Live" button. The app is quite simple since just contains four tabs and some basic settings.
Another extra features allows you to chat with your channel's viewers or poll them with yes/no questions. You can also save the video you've broadcast in your Ustream profile. We've noticed some catches though: you cannot "Share" the URL of your channel through any of the sharing resources of your Android. Anyway, your Ustream channel's URL is always the same (www.ustream.tv/channel/username). What's more, video quality could be improved as well as the 3-4 seconds delay that we've noticed even over WiFi.
Besides these catches, the app is a big leap regarding video streaming and on-the-go broadcasting. It just wide open the potential of video creators. We just recommend you to this give a go
• Watch live and recent videos, discover upcoming events
• Broadcast live to any number of viewers using the camera of your device
• Manage and re-share your Ustream recorded videos
• Interact with your audience by issuing a poll or chatting
• Access your followed Ustream channels and events that you’re attending
• Enjoy your Ustream Premium Membership ad-free experience on your device
• Go live right from your Home Screen using the new Quick Broadcast widget
Broadcasting in 720p HD and 360p HQ is available on the following devices running Android 4.1+:
• Samsung Galaxy S4
• Sony Xperia L
• LG Nexus 4
• Verizon HTC One
• Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
• Verizon Motorola Razr M
• Verizon Motorola Razr HD
• Verizon Motorola Droid DNA.
Further devices will be added soon, stay tuned!
On Verizon phones new permissions are required for some extra features:
• Read access to contact list is used for name autocomplete before sending invites
• SMS writing is used for sending invites
Invitation sending will be rolled out to more and more devices.
• Broadcast in HD or high quality on select devices
• Title your broadcast
• Enjoy the redesigned broadcast interface
• Manage your recorded videos
• Various performance improvements
What's up with the super invasive permissions with the latest update. Chose not to update because of this. :-( Also it constantly buffers on GSIII even on solid connection?
This app keeps saying the show has ended yet they are still broadcasting on the radio. Highly annoying.
It hungs after 3 mins. Need to connect again
But it did fly through the ads.
Trey Songz is so great
How many complaints do you need? I can deal with the buffering and advertising but bring back the original way it was before the update. We ALL want to be able to watch while we comment You can do it... I know you can then back to 5 stars. Don't make me
Can't drop comments on live streams. Especially when it's an interactive streaming it defeats the purpose