VLC for Android Beta
10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Easy to use
- Design is not perfect
Beta version for VLC
VLC for Android Beta is a video player application based on the popular software. VLC presents a smooth interface and a high usability, everyone will know how to make it work.
Play all kinds of videos and sort them by any variable you wish. The app is also highly customizable, so you can adapt it to your personal preferences.
VideoLabs is the developer of VLC for Android Beta, a beta version of the popular video player.
This is a BETA version of the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. It plays both audio and video.
It is intended for everyone, but this version is not perfectly stable.
It is still a beta, so it might kill your kitten or destroy your house, but it should be mostly fine now.
Use it at your own risk. Have fun! :)
This version is for devices with an ARMv7 CPU or a x86 CPU. ARMv6 devices will be supported in a future release.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume and brightness.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
As this is an early BETA version, a lot of things are not finished, but will change for the final release:
• Hardware decoding works only with a limited set of hardware;
• Other unknown issues.
VLC for Android Beta needs acces to :
• "Device & app History" to be able to read logs, during the beta, to help understand crashes and issues.
• "Photos/Media/Files" to read your media files
• "Device ID & call information" in order to pause music/video during incoming calls
Permission Details :
• It needs "read phone status an identity", in order to pause music during incoming calls.
• It needs "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage", in order to allow deletion of files.
• It needs "read the contents of your USB storage", in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs "full network access", to open network streams.
• It needs "control vibration", in order to provide UI feedback when seeking in the audio player.
• It needs "prevent phone from sleeping" in order to prevent... your phone from sleeping.
• It needs "change your audio settings", in order to change audio volume.
• It needs "modify system settings", in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
Prerelease of VLC for Android
This release fixes 2.1 support, MIPS, crashes, leaks and issues about controls, orientation.
The 0.9.x series is major release with hardware decoding and a new interface available in dark or white colors. It integrates DVD iso and menu support, an equalizer, playlist management, Widi screens support and updated SD cards detection.
Hardware acceleration is now enabled by default on 4.3+ and has better subtitles support. Software decoding has been accelerated too.
Its good app...its my favorite media player... just love it
But every single time it lags when trying to play 1080p videos that i recorded on my Galaxy s3
Great video player, plays MKV files smoothly in 1080p. Use it on my phone and computer.
Wish there was a way to sync subtitles to video audio track so it doesn't look weird.
Favorite video media player